Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: a bit fucked up, your opinion?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Let's take some quotes:

"The prostitute, a 20-year-old single mother..."

"It's true the prostitute negotiated sex with the defendant - but not unprotected gang sex at gunpoint."

"...reducing rape to theft of services..."

Well it's up to the jury, not the judge ain't it? Rape is rape in my book anyways, but I don't hold any respect towards prostitutes...

"Police Detective Jack Ryan..."
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Rape is a terrible thing... but seriously now, when you're in the prostitution industry you're setting yourself up for nothing but trouble.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Last edited by huydini; 08-18-2009 at 09:47 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    The idea that a prostitute is almost deserving of rape at gunpoint is sickening to me. It's no different to the suggestion that schoolgirls are asking to be assaulted by a paedo because they wear short skirts and makeup.

Just because something is on show doesn't mean it isn't a criminal act to take it without permission.
    It's so childish and simplistic to blame the victim for a lack of vigilance or awareness.

BTW, I'm sure this doesn't belong in The Lounge...
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    The idea that a prostitute is almost deserving of rape at gunpoint is sickening to me. It's no different to the suggestion that schoolgirls are asking to be assaulted by a paedo because they wear short skirts and makeup.

Just because something is on show doesn't mean it isn't a criminal act to take it without permission.
    It's so childish and simplistic to blame the victim for a lack of vigilance or awareness.

BTW, I'm sure this doesn't belong in The Lounge...

Agreed.

Can someone move this to The Drawing Room where we can all ignore it?

Edit: What I meant by that, SD, was, that's where it should have been in the first place. It's a serious discussion.
    Last edited by chalice; 10-20-2007 at 01:37 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    yeah sorry i dont post anywhere else but here. if someone wants to move it, feel free.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    rape is rape, but its hard to say that the defendant raped her because she did consent and he then didnt pay so it is theft of service in a way, When the other guys jined in then that was definatly rape. imho.
    Rent this space

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Regardless of the circumstances - it's rape. I suppose if a cop is shot, he knew what he was getting into and should expect it.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    1. If she agreed to have sex with the first guy and he just didn't pay afterwards then it is not rape whatsoever. It's not even theft of services. That's just that one situation.

2. The other guys' situations were different. That's definitely rape. If the first guy was proven to have brandished a weapon, he's should go down as well.

3. The prostitute should have been arrested for solicitation. If the first guy admitted to offering money for sex then he should be arrested for solicitation as well.

4. The judge is an idiot....theft of services. The prostitute probably didn't prove her case unless the defendants admitted to what they did.

5. Also the first guy should get a gun charge.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast