Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Kazaa Forces U To Cheat

  1. #1
    It seems so wrong but......

    the pl cheat is neccesary to bypass the whole god awful "rating system". Rate me on how much i have in my library? boo shit... I share what i can. That shouldn't give some one priority over me because he/she has more space. Plus, ALOT of those low participation numbers are 0 because they are simply using an older version of the software. Kazaa lite sets their rating at 0 by default... it can't change until they upgrade. I dont like true cheaters though like people who don't share at all. Unfortunately, there is nothing u can really do about this without being unfair to some people. I think this should be removed or modified somehow.... it sucks

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Thanks for VENTING.

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    598
    The rating system should remain there for normal kazaa users so they DO share. Who cares about them anyway they are on the "darkside" so just let them have low levels as long as i can get there files.

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@13 July 2003 - 00:52
    The rating system should remain there for normal kazaa users so they DO share. Who cares about them anyway they are on the "darkside" so just let them have low levels as long as i can get there files.
    haha.

    Agreed

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Originally posted by theFUZmixman@12 July 2003 - 19:33
    the pl cheat is neccesary to bypass the whole god awful "rating system". Rate me on how much i have in my library? boo shit... I share what i can. That shouldn't give some one priority over me because he/she has more space. Plus, ALOT of those low participation numbers are 0 because they are simply using an older version of the software.  Kazaa lite sets their rating at 0 by default... it can't change until they upgrade.  I dont like true cheaters though like people who don't share at all. Unfortunately, there is nothing u can really do about this without being unfair to some people. I think this should be removed or modified somehow.... it sucks
    PL rating is not based on how many files/size you have shared.
    It is based on how much you upload versis how much you download.
    (Some people have joked that if you want a high PL, share porn...)

    If you upload roughly as much as you download, then your PL SHOULD BE about 100. PL = 1,000 supposedly corresponds to >50 MB uploaded per 1 MB downloaded. Unfortunately, that's not what happens in practice.

    The problem is, your CURRENT download rate butchers your PL rating even if you've uploaded 1+ GB and downloaded nothing just 1 hour ago. And what you did 10 days ago has almost zero effect on your current PL value. Even doing nothing causes your PL to drop as time passes! Seemingly, getting lots of very slow downloads rapidly lowers PL rating even though the total MBs passed may be very low.

    Kazaa Lite only 'sets' another client's PL to 0 if it cannot detect a PL value. However, due to the users don't cut in line feature, Kazaa Lite does NOT favor people with high OR low PLs. (This can be disabled, but it is enabled by default.)

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I just turned off the cheat to see what my actual level is...and it's 14872.

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I think they all all range around 15000.

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    chalkmongoose
    Guest
    Originally posted by theFUZmixman@13 July 2003 - 00:33
    It seems so wrong but......

    the pl cheat is neccesary to bypass the whole god awful "rating system". Rate me on how much i have in my library? boo shit... I share what i can. That shouldn't give some one priority over me because he/she has more space. Plus, ALOT of those low participation numbers are 0 because they are simply using an older version of the software. Kazaa lite sets their rating at 0 by default... it can't change until they upgrade. I dont like true cheaters though like people who don't share at all. Unfortunately, there is nothing u can really do about this without being unfair to some people. I think this should be removed or modified somehow.... it sucks
    I can see what you find wrong with it, and you have a valid point. Not everyone can share as much or as often. If KMD would calculate rate points based on percentages (percent of total drive space, bandwidth, etc...) things would be slightly better.

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    676
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@13 July 2003 - 01:52
    The rating system should remain there for normal kazaa users so they DO share. Who cares about them anyway they are on the "darkside" so just let them have low levels as long as i can get there files.
    stfu, many many normal kazaa users dont know about k lite


  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Originally posted by REALITY@12 July 2003 - 23:18
    I think they all all range around 15000.
    Actually, the Kazaa PL number also varies according to the day of the week.

    The max number you can reach is 22,100.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •