Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peerguardian

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    anyone use it? can u tell me if it works. does it actually block MPAA & RIAA or watever? o i try to be cautious, even though i know the odds are very slim...
    Where can i get the ips for mpaa and riaa and others? give some feedback... and btw: if this blocks ips, isn't it kinda like a firewall. i use norton personal firewall. do i still need this program? :pirate:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    peer guardian is a stupid concept, honestly. i mean how silly would governmental organisations and copyright upholders alike be to have publically broadcastable ips, they have their own hackers and crackers who are secretly employed more than likely to track big movements, now and again, a large run will be done on a p2p network, but how silly would they be to allow a small program to come between them and what theyre trying to do, 10 points for peer gaurdian for piece of mind however subsequently generating paranioa, what with its 200 blocks a day. personally i used it up untill i actually thought about how stupid a concept it was....so personally i would say no, maybe very rarly on its initial release, but no

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by TClite@13 July 2003 - 01:42
    peer guardian is a stupid concept, honestly. i mean how silly would governmental organisations and copyright upholders alike be to have publically broadcastable ips...but how silly would they be to allow a small program to come between them and what theyre trying to do...
    Simple, you said the answer yourself. These are Governmental Organizations, and like anything else in the Government, it is out of date, slow, and stupid. When's the last time you went to a governmental ANYTHING organization and found them on the ball, or even remotely in touch with reality? Everything that's governmental is always 10 steps behind the crowd. Always has, and always will be.

Frankly, I'm surprized that they even got themselves online, let alone using the same bank of IP addresses for their investigations. $5 says they're all sharing a 56k or something, LOL!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Better safe than not. I put the IP's into my Zone Alarm 4.0 via xml, much more accurate. Get Peer Guardian http://www.simply-click.org/uploadertest/pg2.asp.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    which firewall is better, norton personal firewall or zonealarm?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I prefer Zone Alarm. Norton eats up a lot of resources and crashed a lot for me.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    I'm on Norton 2003. I'm thinking of getting Zone Alarm... at least wanna try it out. Would they run together? Or would that just be silly (if it worked at all)?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by REALITY@13 July 2003 - 03:32
    Better safe than not.
    whoa...calm down there

sounds a little complicated to me
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+13 July 2003 - 08:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 13 July 2003 - 08:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-REALITY@13 July 2003 - 03:32
    Better safe than not.
    whoa...calm down there

sounds a little complicated to me [/b][/quote]
    Rich comment, SUNNY.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by REALITY+13 July 2003 - 08:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 13 July 2003 - 08:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@13 July 2003 - 08:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-REALITY
    @13 July 2003 - 03:32
    Better safe than not.

whoa...calm down there

sounds a little complicated to me
    Rich comment, SUNNY. [/b][/quote]
    got more posts than you boy

and i can spell, sonny
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast