Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can You Copy Dvd's If You Have A Dvd Burner?

Poster
    I bought a pc with a dvd burner, I was wondering if you can get a dvd and copy it with it? Is this possible?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    yeah dvdxcopy or dvd xcopy xpress

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Is that downloadable?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If you wanna use legal software to illegaly copy DVDs try http://www.doom9.org . I tried dvdxcopy before but it always crashed on me. Its probally better now but I still havenet tried. The guides from doom9 helped me copy my DVDs

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Correct me if I am worng but i belevie that you cannot fully copy a dvd, because of the disks they use, and how they burn, double density or some shit. I just read this breifly but i believe that you can not make the great menu and that kinda stuff. You will have to rip it all and put the movie followed by features, i think

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Very Large Member
    DVD CopyExpress claims to copy a FULL dvd9 onto a dvd5.It does this by re-encoding the file.A slight loss of quality is sometimes the price you pay,but often there is no loss.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Really well if that is true it may make a DVD burner worht while after all.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    a dvd-r/rw has only half the capacity of a factory pressed dvd, because you can't burn dual layer discs. if you want to make a backup of a dvd movie, you may have to strip out the extra audio tracks, the subtitles, the bonus features, etc in order to fit it onto the dvd-r/rw.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    I agree 3rain1ac. To add to that, the older dvds will *generally* fit because the dual layer thing is more modern. The older single layer are about 4.8 GB or something.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Hi Guys,

On the subject of DVDs, It's a real pain on my laptop not having multi-region for playing discs from different regions. I know there are hacks/cracks available for some DVD players but I haven't managed to find one for mine.

Anyone know where I might look? It's a Sony CD-RW CRX800E Combo Drive.

Cheers,
    Porpoise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast