Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Really Pisses You Off About This Network?

Right now some guy is downloading Divi dead off me, it's 110mb, I have a 56k connection and he gets 3kb. No matter what I try he keeps recconecting and he doese'nt have any messaging software installed. The ultimate horror scenario? Factor into this the fact that I lose my internet this afternoon, how about now?

That REALLY pisses me off.

Tell me you'r stories then.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    umm.... I don't get what the problem is????

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    i think ya left out the most important bit to ya post..."why does it piss you off"

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    So whats the problem?
    Unshare that file if it REALLY PISSES YOU OFF

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Umm, would'nt it piss you off, I mean the guy is taking over 70% of my bandwith and like I said, I'm being cut off this afternoon. I NEED to do some last minute donwloading and this guy ain't helping. You know how it is with modems and uploading, since the modem can't transmit and receive at the same time the 3kb uploading is about 4kb downloading 33:56

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    so... set your uploads to 1 ? disconnect and reconnect? I'm sure there are other people wanting to upload your other shared files. arern't there ?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    no

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Errrrr,

What PISSES me off...

That I wasted 30 seconds reading this post.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I was gonna say fake files, but now it's people who keep uploads availible then get upset when someone actually uses it

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by rastilin@12 July 2003 - 20:50
    Umm, would'nt it piss you off, I mean the guy is taking over 70% of my bandwith and like I said, I'm being cut off this afternoon. I NEED to do some last minute donwloading and this guy ain't helping. You know how it is with modems and uploading, since the modem can't transmit and receive at the same time the 3kb uploading is about 4kb downloading 33:56
    If he isn't sharing, cut him off.
    If you feel particularly vindictive you can even ban his IP so he won't reconnect for awhile.

If you set your uploads to 2, then someone else joins, you can sort the 2 uploads so the 'badguy' is at the bottom, then cancel him and reduce the uploads to only 1.

If you haven't already, make sure you've got the upload bandwidth limit set to the lowest value above sharing disabled (3 KB/sec) and see if that helps.

If you're still getting 4 KB/sec downloads, it's not hurting you too badly... for a 56k. About the best they can possibly do is 5.5 KB/sec for uncompressable data anyhow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast