Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 2000

Poster
    i would like a working hash of windows 2000 professional. i'm getting sick of all the problems i'm having in windows xp (both versions located the verified hashes folder). i've heard a lot of really good things about win 2000 pro, so i'd like to try it out, hopefully it will solve all my win xp pro problems i've been having. please respond asap.

thanks in advance!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by gamer@13 July 2003 - 02:29
    i would like a working hash of windows 2000 professional. i'm getting sick of all the problems i'm having in windows xp (both versions located the verified hashes folder). i've heard a lot of really good things about win 2000 pro, so i'd like to try it out, hopefully it will solve all my win xp pro problems i've been having. please respond asap.

thanks in advance!
    Got some news for you. W2000 is a true NT client, which means heavy firewall support, some of which you cannot disable. That means file-sharing sucks under 2000, in fact some clients don't work at all. For file-sharing, XP may be your best choice, especially with SP2 out on the IRC networks

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    WTH are you talking about ? There is NO firewall in windows 2000, ANY version. It's XP that has the sucking shit and built in firewalls.

Filesharing does NOT suck in windows 2000, in fact it's vastly superior to XP because it accepts more connections.
    It is built to network, not just share a desktop connction like XP was.

I suggest you pickup a copy of windows 2000 pro or one of the server editions and learn a bit more about it.

Get rid of the XP mentality and try some true performance!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    do either of you have a hash for win 2000 pro? perferably a bootable iso. i'm getting rid of xp because of the gaming issues i'm having. its probably more my gfx card drivers then windows, but its still worth a shot. if it is the gfx cards fault thats Ati for you. stupid gfx card.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    get emule, u can get win 2000 pro with sp4 integrated, its about 400 meg.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i will never use e-mule or e-donkey. i only use kazaa lite. so please somebody post a win 2000 pro hash. its greatly appreciated

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    sprry dont have the hash for it, had to delete it after i burnt it, ran outta space

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Same as Livy here; I'm using the Win 2k I downloaded right now. No M$ anti-piracy bullshit and from my experience about 99% of all programs that will work with Windows 98 work fine on 2000, yet I keep hearing of such-and-such that doesn't work on XP but works problem-free on my Win 2k machine. Go figure. Also every bit as stable as XP is said to be too. It's like a better XP without the needless bells & whistles. The only thing XP has over 2000 is that it comes with prettier wallpapers and a more modern-looking GUI.

But - Windows 2000 is fairly common on Kazaa. Just search for it and click a couple of them that turn up. I'm on dsl so it only took about 12 hours to d/l it. It might take a couple of days on dial-up. If it looks like it's coming in real slow, just give it time. If it's keeps crawling, reboot and try again.

I'll try downloading another copy too; if I get a good one, I'll leave it in my shared folder for others to get.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i got the safedisk release with sp4 integrated of emule, works perfect,

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    i'm searching for a cd image of it right now. its not coming up with anything but i'll keep trying. thx so far

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast