Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games Freezing!

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I have a GeForce 4 MX 420, and all my damn games are freezing! I checked the System Information and came across this:

I wonder if the conflict is causing my games to freeze? And if so, how can I change the IRQ on my devices??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If you know how to go into your BIOS, probably by pressing DEL or F2 during boot up, you can probably find a IRQ assignment option. Check to see if you can reassign the Video controller to a different IRQ, or move others off.

Good luck.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    When you get a bunch of spyware, adware, and other things like that sometimes it slows down your computer ( because it did it to me) so download programs liked Ad-aware 6.0 and Spybot: Search and Destroy and have them search your computer. Also, uninstall all of your programs you dont use. It should speed up your comp a little bit if it freezes a bunch. Also check for marks on the bottom of your CD's ( if u bought them, not downloaded) and if they do have marks and stuff then go to Gamestop or some other gamestore and get one of those tools that fixes up your CDs....they are like little brush things...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    What os is that? 2000 right? if so or Xp (I know it is not) I beleive IRQ is not a big deal, it deals with it diffrent thatn 98 and such.
    As for games freezing, well do the standard driver thing (newest, or not newest depending on)
    Check for game patches - more helpful than you think
    It is hard to say, but it is probably not an IRQ thing if you are using 2000 (although i rarley see that many things on one IRQ even in XP

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Well, I checked for Spyware, viruses, and other stuff, all clean. I got the newest drivers for my graphic card. I won't need game patches, seeing that all my damn games freeze! I don't even know what to do anymore, a friend told me multiple devices using the same IRQ is bad.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    have you tried using an older driver? - sometimes a bug in new drivers mess things up

have you overclocked?

when did the problem start?
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Using the newest drivers for my GeForce 4 MX 420. And up-to-date drivers for my motherboard.

Havn't overclocked.

It's been happening for a loong time now, I just really care all of a sudden.

HELP

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    dont worry cuzz we gonna fix that bitch tomorrow baby baby

Bigart

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by HyE PrIdE THUG@14 July 2003 - 08:33
    dont worry cuzz we gonna fix that bitch tomorrow baby baby

Bigart
    Would you care to enlighten us on your master plan?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Hye pride thugs on his way over, watch this space

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast