Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is america over medicated?

snowultra's Avatar Member
    it seems there is a pill for everything. i myself just pop to many pills. it helps me sorta

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i definitely think so, I try to limit as much as I can and stay to more natural medications etc

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i know this is about America but when it comes to me i hardly take any medication, the only thing i may take is headache killer.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Fly'sEyes BT Rep: +5
    I wouldn't limit that question to just America, so many regions throughout the world are. It ties in neatly with studies that use a placebo but 'll elaborate on that another day

I'd also love to sit here and write an essay on this topic but with exams calling I'll get back to ya when i can
    Last edited by BudgieSmuggler; 10-23-2007 at 03:27 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I would say yes.
    My daughter has the new strain of strep throat that is resistant to amoxicillin,the antibiotic the docs give to all children.
    Because my daughter used amoxicillin so much as a child, it wont help her.
    So I had to buy a new antibiotic that cost a lot of money, even for generic, so she can get better.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    i know this is about America but when it comes to me i hardly take any medication, the only thing i may take is headache killer.
    Smae with me, Im not over medicated
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    My headache killer consists 3 pills and also a month of physical therapy and a day in the emergency room hooked up to other drugs... how messed up is that?

Definitely over-medicated. Worth thing about it is, you get one helpful medication and it'll solve one problem and cause another which you need medication for... and it's a big cycle.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    My headache killer consists 3 pills and also a month of physical therapy and a day in the emergency room hooked up to other drugs... how messed up is that?

Definitely over-medicated. Worth thing about it is, you get one helpful medication and it'll solve one problem and cause another which you need medication for... and it's a big cycle.
    Lol ur smarter for ur age

btw Headache for ur age...I am surprised in a sad way

IMO In our busy lives we all need Quickfix for our everyproblem.. So our diet has changed..habits have changed.. etc..and we still dont want to rectify that so we are suppressing the problems that arise out of it through pills..
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Most definitely over-medicated, and not just the US. Superbugs are the new threat, and will give rise to the next pandemic. Why! Because the mutation of the viruses (germs not computers) results in it making it harder to treat this new strains.

Also, the health care system is similar to the herding of cows. Move em in and on as fast as you can. Sad, have a pill. Too fat, have another pill. Anxious about things, well there's a pill for that to. I suppose we are a bit to blame, we want immediate gratification, and some things just naturally are supposed to take some time.

If I wanted to lose weight, I should not expect it to come from a pill, but that is how we've been nurtured. The pharmaceutical industry is probably the most profitable and powerful (the two typically go together) industry out there. Believe me, I'm certain they must have an entire division/sector that devises marketing strategies for pills that are designed to trick us into thinking that it will help us feel better about how well we sleep, have sex, interact with people, etc etc.

So, yup, we're over-medicated all right. It's the matrix all over again. Muwahahaha
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast