Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sanity Vs. Insanity

Forum Star
    Originally posted by JPaul@21 July 2003 - 16:59
    Can one plagiarise by omission ?

transitive senses : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source

I think that the second definition would suggest yes.
    People do that here all the time, but in this case I would use the second definition as well, for the same reasons as you gave.

Excuse my (lack of) spelling abilities.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bender+21 July 2003 - 16:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bender @ 21 July 2003 - 16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@21 July 2003 - 16:59
    Can one plagiarise by omission ?

transitive senses : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one&#39;s own : use (another&#39;s production) without crediting the source

I think that the second definition would suggest yes.
    People do that here all the time, but in this case I would use the second definition as well, for the same reasons as you gave.

Excuse my (lack of) spelling abilities. [/b][/quote]
    No, your spelling is perfectly acceptable. It is just the American form.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    well....those links were interesting indeed. I&#39;m disappointed. IC, you&#39;re more than smart enough to come up with this stuff yourself. If u thought it was interesting, then why didn&#39;t you paraphrase it? It should&#39;ve been less worse than just copy-paste it without mentioning the source.

You&#39;re always so strict about personal freedom. When you copy-paste someone elses writings and pretend they&#39;re yours, you&#39;re invading the freedom of press. I recall you have always protected that specific freedom.....

It was a stupid thing to do. You do stuff like this in more serious matters, as in a college paper or something, you can get in serious trouble.

Think about it.

Greetz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123