Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IP Banned from OiNK

munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    hello a question.

I recentley got banned from OiNK for using a traded account (rather than being invited).

I spoke to one of the mods there and was told that i wouldnt be able to rejoin because my ip address would be banned. Fair enough

my question is who's ip address would be banned The person who set up the account (because it was traded) or mine (i hardley used the account so i dont see how the'd have it recorded)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    c.han's Avatar movie collector BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    very bad news this.I am so sorry for you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    hello a question.

I recentley got banned from OiNK for using a traded account (rather than being invited).

I spoke to one of the mods there and was told that i wouldnt be able to rejoin because my ip address would be banned. Fair enough

my question is who's ip address would be banned The person who set up the account (because it was traded) or mine (i hardley used the account so i dont see how the'd have it recorded)
    Can you still access OiNK?

If it says 403 Unauthorised IP, it means your banned. Get a new ip...

If you can still access OiNK, then get a new IP anyways because they will probably just ban you again.
    eee

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    just a guess...
    but i'm sure they log all ips that sign in under a userid.. the oink staff are pretty thurough about such things... they might not be the nicest bunch.. but when it comes to enforcing their rules, they are tyrants and very brutal about it.. EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG!....
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    They are Tyrants which led to my question because Ive got an invite already but I dont want to get the person who gave it me into any trouble

yep I can still get on to OiNK page just tells me my account has been disabled.
    Last edited by munkyboy04; 10-21-2007 at 01:30 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    well, then that being the case.... since your trying to be courtious to the person who invited you... i would strongly address that you don't use it.. cause they would most definatly be penalised... by loss of invites. and that's not fair considering you knew before hand that you were banned/disabled.. plus that could make difficult for you to get an invite from here in the future.. ppl do frown major on that...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    i've told him the problem, and he thinks it will be fine. But I'm not sure.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    i've told him the problem, and he thinks it will be fine. But I'm not sure.
    if both of you wanna take that chance.... its up to you.. i've only given a lil bit of advice.. maybe others who have better knowledge of this than i do can add something additional to what i've said.... ???

but in the end its on you and your inviter..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Serves you right for trading accounts really. If you want a second chance then make sure you clear your cookies and change ip before using the invite. And don't use a similar nick or email address.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    It is really not smart to trade accounts particularly oink. I would be very surprised if both your IP and the IP of the person trading the account are not banned....as they should be.

Do yourself a favour....get an invite in future!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast