Thread: Tracing Illegal Dls

cooldrew01
    just wondering are they really tracing the stuff i download and also are they doin nething about it.....are they cracking down yet on ppl cause i ssaw on tv their starting some tougher shit n all with ppl....just wondering holla with ur opinions..laterz

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Have you read anything here first before you posted this?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by cooldrew01@13 July 2003 - 02:22
    just wondering are they really tracing the stuff i download and also are they doin nething about it.....are they cracking down yet on ppl cause i ssaw on tv their starting some tougher shit n all with ppl....just wondering holla with ur opinions..laterz
    They aren't looking for downloaders, they are looking for distributors who are uploading files. In theory that encompasses any kazaa user, however there has been no slowdown in warez/mp3/movies etc. They have bigger fish to catch.
    Proud member of MDS

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by balamm@13 July 2003 - 07:29
    Have you read anything here first before you posted this?
    You sound hostile this eveining.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Well all i can say is i heard on the news that they are cracking down on kazaa downloaders and i read this article from 2600 news and it said in it "Ben Albert, a freshman at the university, downloaded "Austin Powers 3: Goldmember" from the KaZaA file-sharing service late last month, and was contacted only days later by the administration. The MPAA had demanded that the university take administrative action against Albert, and the school gave in. Albert told 2600.com that he was not allowed to discuss the situation until now."
    so i was kind of worried about this so i dont know worried about this
    if you want to read this article its at www.2600.com/news/view/article/1372

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Universities are just scared, same goes with companies, ISP's might give you a warning. but noithing'll really hold untill they get real evidence.
    Anyway you don't have to be scared, especially of you're not in the USA. I didn't even get the newsflash (non-american).

They're just trying to sacre you (by sending out this kinda stuff), and since the amrican news ppl are kinda focussed on entertainmaint, they make it sound all dramatic. The point being; the RIAA trying to scare you is proof that they can't RALLY do anyting, beacuse if they could they wouldn't have to sacre you. Scaring ppl is all they can do.

You'll probably never hear the outcome of that university thing, unless he gets expelled (which I sincerely doubt)...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Well also when i told my friend about this he said he stoped using kazaa because now there is a lawsuit against his sisters friend and her sister but of that i dont know how much is true but he said there getting sued for downloading movies

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by The_Trinity@15 July 2003 - 06:36
    Well all i can say is i heard on the news that they are cracking down on kazaa downloaders and i read this article from 2600 news and it said in it "Ben Albert, a freshman at the university, downloaded "Austin Powers 3: Goldmember" from the KaZaA file-sharing service late last month, and was contacted only days later by the administration. The MPAA had demanded that the university take administrative action against Albert, and the school gave in. Albert told 2600.com that he was not allowed to discuss the situation until now."
    so i was kind of worried about this so i dont know worried about this
    if you want to read this article its at www.2600.com/news/view/article/1372
    See this from www.cnet.com: http://news.com.com/2100-1027-1020876.html?tag=nl

It explains the whole RIAA threat. This article makes it very clear they are after ones that share, not download. (kinda like busting a drug dealer instead of a drug user)