Thread: Changing Name Of Movies

I downloaded a movie. once downloaded, I changed the name. for instance, the name of the movie was 'Movie [DivX].avi' and I changed to 'Movie.avi'.

then tried to play the movie. But somehow i cannot play the movie. The Windows player says there is a general error.

But I can play the movie in DivX Player.

So I am thinking: does changing the name of the movie affects anything else.

How can i play it with Windows M player

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    why oh why would u want to play it in WMplayer its certainly not the best one

why rename the movie at all?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I cant understand why you wouldnt be able to play a movie just because you renamed it i rename movies all the time ie taking out the centropy ts svcd etc etc and never had a problem Also if its divx then you will need the divx codecs or just use divx player or bsplayer both of which are pretty good

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Miffo! so which player do u like

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by disturbed_mind@14 July 2003 - 09:50
    Miffo! so which player do u like
    bs player for divx avi's
    it's included in the k-lite codec pack
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    OK&#33; I installed KLite codec pack and opened the movie with bs player. but got the following error:

&#39;unknown file format (DIV4)&#39;

Any ideas what i am missing (as I said I can play the movie with DivX player).