Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do u manage your Torrent sites...?

Torn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Give away the accounts to someone who will really use them. No one really needs a ton of trackers.

If you're trying to gather as many as you can, to trade for higher rarity ones, just stop. Make some friends and you'll get an invite to good sites in no-time.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    ive been weeding out the trackers i have no use for. if i dont hit something up every week for something im looking for then i delete or disable that account and delete the bookmark. i frequent around 8 sites now some forums some trackers. most i use the forums on so i never forget to check them.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    When I first started, and I'm sure this is common, You will start to "collect" Trackers instead of use them, this isn't exactly the Idea of Torrenting. I'm sure we all did this when we first started with BT but as any seasoned member can tell you Mostly all the sites have the same basic 5hit. Some a little faster but mostly the same files. You see you should try to only keep trackers that you will use frequently otherwise you are kind of wasting the acct and the site member slot. Meaning someone who would use your spot, Not acct, but spot on that tracker. I do not recommend you trade the acct I think It better to PM staff there and let them know you won't be using the acct anymore and either delete the acct yourself of ask they do it for you. Trading accts is frowned on in some circles and realistically could associate you with some cheaters. Now this is only my opinion and I'm not saying this is always the case this is just my recommendation.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    When I first started, and I'm sure this is common, You will start to "collect" Trackers instead of use them, this isn't exactly the Idea of Torrenting. I'm sure we all did this when we first started with BT but as any seasoned member can tell you Mostly all the sites have the same basic 5hit. Some a little faster but mostly the same files. You see you should try to only keep trackers that you will use frequently otherwise you are kind of wasting the acct and the site member slot. Meaning someone who would use your spot, Not acct, but spot on that tracker. I do not recommend you trade the acct I think It better to PM staff there and let them know you won't be using the acct anymore and either delete the acct yourself of ask they do it for you. Trading accts is frowned on in some circles and realistically could associate you with some cheaters. Now this is only my opinion and I'm not saying this is always the case this is just my recommendation.

Amen i like how you think

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I Run It
    ScT, SCC, TC and TB.bz

not that hard to manage
    a few minutes dedicated to each site is good enough

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I find myself downloading files just about every day... so depending on what I'm looking for I will browse all my torrent sites searching for which one might have it. I also take into consideration what my ratio is, where can I improve it (if I find the file on more than one site), if there is free leech, how many seeders/leechers, etc., etc.

I have my torrent sites categorized in my (bookmarked) favorites according to what their "speciality" is (movies, games, apps, music, etc.).

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    ScT, SCC, TC and TB.bz

not that hard to manage
    a few minutes dedicated to each site is good enough
    Well IMO its more like SCT, FTN, SuperTorrents ( IMO the MOST underrated site out there ), BMTV, and Demonoid ( The wife loves those damn BigFish games! )
    OF course I look at other sites and occasionally DL from them too but these are my mainstays.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Excel file with a few stuff -

rarity
    site link
    site short-name
    username
    password
    registaration date
    Ratio ~ +-

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I just have the 9 trackers I use every day on my quicklaunch thing on the top of my firefox.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by misledhope View Post
    ive been weeding out the trackers i have no use for. if i dont hit something up every week for something im looking for then i delete or disable that account and delete the bookmark.
    That's exactly what I've been doing. When you first start torrenting you go through a lot of sites, since they're all easy to get and none of them are perfect, but once you start getting the best of each type of site, you get to weed things out.

In firefox, I deleted the text in my bookmarks bar so its just the favicons, and you can easily fit more in there. Except when sites don't have favicons or they're really ugly I get pissed off now.

Other than that the only other thing I can think of that anyone would do differently, is use RSS feeds when downloading (but I don't do that)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast