Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: dvdclub seeding rules question

  1. #1
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,642
    Hey,

    the seeding rule say :

    "you still have to be seeded to at LEAST 0.7 or 72hours without a leecher"

    i think it's not really easy to follow the 72 hours without leecher, a leecher could connect for like 30 minutes and leeching 40 megs and disconnected when i'm not there watching the torrents, how would i know?... and i won't note the amount of data uploaded every day to remember it!

    there is no tools on the trackers site to inform us on this kind of stats

    is this rules a strict one or it's more of a good practice?

    btw, i wouldn't bother if i weren't using it but this site too much is becoming really awesome in NTSC content, for packs especially, and i want to be a good member

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    151
    there is a Last Leecher field on the torrent page

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,642
    allright, thx for the info, i didn't notice!

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    wmumascot's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    41
    Posts
    30
    besides how hard is it to leave a torrent open in your client for a few days.... Even if no one is leeching it, it's not using any bandwidth

    The site is real strict in enforcing their policies, as there is a bot to catch those who hit and run.... My suggestion is to just leave it up

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,642
    Quote Originally Posted by wmumascot View Post
    besides how hard is it to leave a torrent open in your client for a few days.... Even if no one is leeching it, it's not using any bandwidth

    The site is real strict in enforcing their policies, as there is a bot to catch those who hit and run.... My suggestion is to just leave it up
    i understand your point, it's easy to do when you download on your PC.

    I often d/l from my seedbox on thedvdclub, to fill request on other trackers for example.

    then the HD space become an issue and i can't let the torrents seed for as long as i would do on my PC

    leaving it seeding for some days isn't a problem however, and now i know where to check to follow the 72 hours with no leecher rule.

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Cilla
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,315
    It's just a drag when, someone downloads partial and stays connected to it for a long time after, if you're not done seeding to .7 you have to wait for them to delete it.

    It's no big deal to seed more but it sometimes hard because they're such big files and people with a little harddrive have some problems with that.

    I wish something about the process could be changed now since there are a lot more peers than when the rule was first instated.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    TDC ***** BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by wmumascot View Post
    besides how hard is it to leave a torrent open in your client for a few days.... Even if no one is leeching it, it's not using any bandwidth

    The site is real strict in enforcing their policies, as there is a bot to catch those who hit and run.... My suggestion is to just leave it up
    We use no bots for Hit n Runs. We have a great staff for that, and users are recommended to report users that Hit n Run. So if one of the staff misses you, chances are the one of the 6,800 other users will see you


    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    I wish something about the process could be changed now since there are a lot more peers than when the rule was first instated.
    Why do you think this rule should be changed? It is fair, we give you the resources to monitor for yourself. We give you 8-12 hours of downtime. We are reasonable when there was something wrong (and we do know when you try and bullshit us).

    And on the fact of more peers, that we are very proud of. Out of the 6,800 users we currently have, 75% are active at any given moment.

    Spooky
    TDC-Admin
    Last edited by Spooky; 10-24-2007 at 03:53 AM.

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,619
    As a TDC member I believe it is very fair. 72 hrs or .7 ratio is not unreasonable at all. It takes some time certainly, but after a week or so it usually works out.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")



  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    94
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Go to your profile, then expand your completed list. The "last action" column will give you a general idea when it was last leeched. It's nice to have that information all on that one page sos you know what files you can take off your hd.

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Cilla
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    I wish something about the process could be changed now since there are a lot more peers than when the rule was first instated.
    Why do you think this rule should be changed? It is fair, we give you the resources to monitor for yourself. We give you 8-12 hours of downtime. We are reasonable when there was something wrong (and we do know when you try and bullshit us).

    And on the fact of more peers, that we are very proud of. Out of the 6,800 users we currently have, 75% are active at any given moment.

    Spooky
    TDC-Admin
    My upload speed isn't the fastest, I seed 24/7, and it's not that I turn my computer off at night, or I need 8-12 hours of downtime, or anything of that matter, but I don't always hit .7 on every torrent.

    I've been in numerous instances where I've had to seed for much longer than a week or more just because some user decided to only download a partial torrent. No matter how long I've been seeding, and even if no one else is REALLY downloading, I have to stay connected until that person decides to delete it.

    I don't like hit and runs any more than anyone else, it's just that ALL the rules can be an inconvenience at some times (especially when you have a tiny HD), which is really unfortunate because I believe TDC is fantastic tracker, but I have to worry every time I download something...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •