Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips For Faster Downloading On Bittorrent

Poster
    so I should use the latest bittorrent client??...I currently have this one bittorrent-EXPERIMENTAL-UNOFFICIAL-3.2.1b-2 are there ny new ones that have been realesed...should I download that??

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Originally posted by far@9 December 2003 - 10:22
    so I should use the latest bittorrent client??...I currently have this one bittorrent-EXPERIMENTAL-UNOFFICIAL-3.2.1b-2 are there ny new ones that have been realesed...should I download that??
    Shadows Bt client

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by muchspl2@9 December 2003 - 08:36
    well for one drop whatever you think is the best bt client and get shad0ws client, or something built on shad0ws core like torrent storm or ABC
    then even if your on broadband, put your connection on dial up/isdn and you should get better speeds than on unlimited, but if you do this your cheating
    and you will download more than you upload and could ultimately hurt the bt community
    so if you do this make sure you leave it open AFTER IT FINISHES!!!!! at least a 1 to 1 ratio
    more the better, its just not fair to the other if you don't
    if you want to leach look into irc or news gourps
    DSL/Cable Slow would be more like it (at least for me, cable user). Speeds tend to hit anywhere from 150 kB/s - 225 kB/s. As muchspl2 said that would be considered cheating if you close after completing the download. Do your part and give back, I usually leave it running and allow a few more to complete to increase seeders.

Those of you asking, use the latest Experiment version vS.5.8.7, has fixes from previous versions.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    I am cable user...But I never get that kind of speed....and I have it on dsl/cable slow....I did get about 120 -150 kb/s a couple of times...But its really rare...Even tho the file has over 100 seeders I never get that speed.Dunno what Im doing wrong

thanx for the link ZaZu!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by CornerPocket+9 December 2003 - 14:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket @ 9 December 2003 - 14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@9 December 2003 - 08:36
    well for one drop whatever you think is the best bt client and get shad0ws client, or something built on shad0ws core like torrent storm or ABC
    then even if your on broadband, put your connection on dial up/isdn and you should get better speeds than on unlimited, but if you do this your cheating
    and you will download more than you upload and could ultimately hurt the bt community
    so if you do this make sure you leave it open AFTER IT FINISHES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; at least a 1 to 1 ratio
    more the better, its just not fair to the other if you don&#39;t
    if you want to leach look into irc or news gourps
    DSL/Cable Slow would be more like it (at least for me, cable user). Speeds tend to hit anywhere from 150 kB/s - 225 kB/s. As muchspl2 said that would be considered cheating if you close after completing the download. Do your part and give back, I usually leave it running and allow a few more to complete to increase seeders.

Those of you asking, use the latest Experiment version vS.5.8.7, has fixes from previous versions. [/b][/quote]
    just to nail the point home

now remember to seed afterwards

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    maro's Avatar Member
    Hey muchspl2, how can you get those speeds when I only can get this:

???

I&#39;m on 1Mbps cable.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Hi,

Bittorrent is like MIRC, you get qued&#33; When you start up. You can get shitty speeds at first cause you are in line with 10-20 other people getting the same file. Leave it going and make sure you dont have any others going at the same time.
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    BANNED
    Originally posted by vegasguy@11 December 2003 - 11:05
    Hi,

Bittorrent is like MIRC, you get qued&#33;
    omg dont tell lies fackin dumbass.....dont EVER say something you dont know about&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by maro@11 December 2003 - 10:10
    Hey muchspl2, how can you get those speeds when I only can get this:

???

I&#39;m on 1Mbps cable.
    can&#39;t see your pic, but I outlined how to do it

and @ Vegasguy

its not like mirc
    but it does speed up the longer you wait here is some reading for you
    http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    i use to only get crappy speeds to 10k at the most and ive got a 1meg line, a friend told me to start useing a clinet called Azureus, and now i get full speed, 100k most ov the time

if any one whanst 2 try it here it is http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

you also need a java client to run it with tho get it here http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html

thats speed im getting now not bad
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast