Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tips For Faster Downloading On Bittorrent

First off, there is no way to "speed" uo the downlaods.
    Like vegas said, its like IRC, well in a kind of way, he is right, it does que the parts up, and sneds you them, when the client asks for them.
    If there is free parts, then it will get snet, and hence be faster.
    When you start the file off at the start, it is always slower, and then about 10min, into it, after its conencted, you will see that your speed goes up, an up. On all my torrents, the downlaod speed start off at aboit 3kB/s and the upload is at full MAX of 30kB/s. After about 10min, the downlaod speed hits the MAX of 57kB/s and the upload stays the same.

I used SHAD0W's S-5.8.7

And thats what I got, now I use ABC.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by DWk+11 December 2003 - 21:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk &#064; 11 December 2003 - 21:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vegasguy@11 December 2003 - 11:05
    Hi,

Bittorrent is like MIRC, you get qued&#33;
    omg dont tell lies fackin dumbass.....dont EVER say something you dont know about&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    guess vegasguy is right i found this when i was trying out bit spirit..

Flexible speed control. You can set the max upload/download speed for a global control or just set it to a specific peer
    this means other ones will get qued&#33;
    read more about BitSpirit
    It is a client like Torrentstorm.

Personally i like Torrentstorm better, but this one is very prommising and still beta.. I guess it&#39;s one to watch, and keep in mind

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 06:32
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2,9 December 2003 - 08:36
    well for one drop whatever you think is the best bt client and get shad0ws client, or something built on shad0ws core like torrent storm or ABC
    then even if your on broadband, put your connection on dial up/isdn and you should get better speeds than on unlimited, but if you do this your cheating
    and you will download more than you upload and could ultimately hurt the bt community
    so if you do this make sure you leave it open AFTER IT FINISHES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; at least a 1 to 1 ratio
    more the better, its just not fair to the other if you don&#39;t
    if you want to leach look into irc or news gourps
    DSL/Cable Slow would be more like it (at least for me, cable user). Speeds tend to hit anywhere from 150 kB/s - 225 kB/s. As muchspl2 said that would be considered cheating if you close after completing the download. Do your part and give back, I usually leave it running and allow a few more to complete to increase seeders.

Those of you asking, use the latest Experiment version vS.5.8.7, has fixes from previous versions.

just to nail the point home

now remember to seed afterwards
    [/quote]
    muchspl2

I have noticed this "anomaly" with my BT experimantal client a while ago (3KB upload = best dl speed) - but have no idea why it works this way - do you?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by madness@20 December 2003 - 21:11
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2,11 December 2003 - 06:32
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2,9 December 2003 - 08:36
    well for one drop whatever you think is the best bt client and get shad0ws client, or something built on shad0ws core like torrent storm or ABC
    then even if your on broadband, put your connection on dial up/isdn and you should get better speeds than on unlimited, but if you do this your cheating
    and you will download more than you upload and could ultimately hurt the bt community
    so if you do this make sure you leave it open AFTER IT FINISHES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; at least a 1 to 1 ratio
    DSL/Cable Slow would be more like it (at least for me, cable user). Speeds tend to hit anywhere from 150 kB/s - 225 kB/s. As muchspl2 said that would be considered cheating if you close after completing the download. Do your part and give back, I usually leave it running and allow a few more to complete to increase seeders.

Those of you asking, use the latest Experiment version vS.5.8.7, has fixes from previous versions.

muchspl2

I have noticed this "anomaly" with my BT experimantal client a while ago (3KB upload = best dl speed) - but have no idea why it works this way - do you?
    [/quote]
    simple theory....
    download at high speeds = upload speed slow
    upload at high speeds = download speed slow

My Blog
    I'm still here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    *Grunt*
    Trouble with that is that some people that have precious little to do with their lives watch in 24/7 on seeders and uploads and often cancel downloads or limit uploads to people if they dip in upload speeds.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    [quote]Originally posted by muchspl2@11 December 2003 - 05:32
    [QUOTE=CornerPocket,9 December 2003 - 14:22]
    Quote Originally Posted by

Those of you asking, use the latest Experiment version vS.5.8.7, has fixes from previous versions. [/QUOTE

Hi dude, I see that you are in Super-seed mode in the Shadow&#39;s lient. Do this help you for better doenloads? What is the reason that you are in super seed mode?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    muchspl2
    Its because I seed files, you don&#39;t need it unless your in the habit of seeding torrents, if your not, DON&#39;T DO IT
    it slows ever thing down if everyone turn it on when simple downloading

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    shadows bt is fast i know, but since everyone limited their ul, it&#39;ll take so damn long to finish 1thing just about 700mb, i downloading a game, there only 1 seed and 60-100 leechers and all of them r at the same percentage and we all slowly draging up, it so damn so even when i started, so, everyone please higher your ul rate, if you hav shadow bt pleas choose T1 (it not gona get that high tho) or just using the official BT that you don hav to do anything it will keep you ul and dl around the same rate

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2+11 December 2003 - 05:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 11 December 2003 - 05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@9 December 2003 - 14:22
    <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2
    @9 December 2003 - 08:36

now remember to seed afterwards [/b][/quote]
    how can I do this with the ABC client? Shadows takes up too much CPU on my 98.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    I love my adsl 8mb...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast