Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tips For Faster Downloading On Bittorrent

Poster
    if you have a fast connection id reccomend joining the private tracker in the pinned topic above, i joined and have gotten much better speeds than suprnova, its awesome

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@14 July 2003 - 18:48
    56k can never even go over 10kb/s... hell 7kb/s if lucky..

hehe, lucky 7
    yes it can because when i use 2 have msn 8 i was d/l the 50 cent dvd and at the end like when i was almost finish d/l i started 2 get 15 k/b sec

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    theres some info here on increasing your speeds behind a router, and lots of links for diff clients

http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#what

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Supernatural@29 December 2003 - 13:55
    I love my T1.

dude thats a t3.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    can i get T1 or T3 in france , how much does it cost you per month to have this f... speed you lucky fool i just have a 1024 / 128 :helpsmile:

no just kidding its alright the 1024

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bebi@13 July 2003 - 10:28
    Does anybody have anyway? dont state the obivous by saying "upload more" cos everybody knows that but anything else because im sick of getting the last 30mb of a 1.55gig svcd film at an amazing 4kb/s it just pisses me off because I have a 600k cable modem
    But your cablemodem almost certainly cannot UPLOAD at 600 KB/sec.
    Or even 60 KB/sec...
    Or probably even 20 KB/sec&#33;
    It may have trouble even doing 10 KB/sec&#33;&#33;&#33;

If anything, upload LESS if your connection is overloaded.
    Find out what your UPLOAD bandwidth is rated for and what real-world values it actually has.
    Get a bandwidth monitoring program even (I use AnalogX NetStat Live) and look for problems in that way.

4 KB/sec for 30 MB and you&#39;re complaining because? You&#39;re still likely to GET the file -- and probably in less than 3 hours.

Find something else to kill your bandwidth on in the meantime -- and be glad you have some to spare&#33;

If there&#39;s anything WRONG with the picture, it&#39;s because the torrent doesn&#39;t have enough seeds (whole file sources) or you&#39;re firewalled/behind a router and don&#39;t know how to fix that. OR, like I already said, you&#39;ve set uploads SO HIGH that it&#39;s killing your connection.

Unlimited upload speed isn&#39;t just bad for you -- it&#39;s bad for ALMOST everyone. (Those on 10+ Mbps lines may be able to get away with it though. )

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Originally posted by entropista@20 January 2004 - 11:35
    can i get T1 or T3 in france , how much does it cost you per month to have this f... speed you lucky fool i just have a 1024 / 128 :helpsmile:

no just kidding its alright the 1024
    I think in europe there called E1 or E3.

and if you have to ask how much it cost, you can&#39;t affort it unless you go to a college or something.

Also i noticed something about shadows. Sometimes when I get a really good torrent and i going at 350 kB, my upload rate will go down. Ive seen it at zero even though there are many incompletes and it doesn&#39;t matter where i set the upload rate to

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Bebi+14 July 2003 - 00:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bebi @ 14 July 2003 - 00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-N£MO@13 July 2003 - 23:23
    C&#39;est la vie.

No way of speeding BT up.
    Vie n&#39;est rien

Nothing is impossible. [/b][/quote]
    What a cool avatar you have man&#33;

Made that?

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    yes it can because when i use 2 have msn 8 i was d/l the 50 cent dvd and at the end like when i was almost finish d/l i started 2 get 15 k/b sec
    Although this isn&#39;t the forum for it here, this person has no idea what they are talking about. I&#39;d love to get even 7 k/b sec on my 56 k connection. The reason this mp3 appeared to be downloading at this speed is because it is an corrupted mp3. 99% of 50 cent mp3&#39;s are corrupted by those RIAA bastards. If you ever notice this ridiculous speed, stop your download as you are wasting your time.

ps. To everybody else, thanks for the tips. GOD PLEASE GIVE ME ADSL at a reasonable unlimited download price.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster
    I really feel for you SwampdogK. I suffered with a 56k connection for over 2 years. Took forever to download anything, and Bittorrent was completly unusable for me. Once you get a better connection, you&#39;ll never want to go back to 56k.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast