Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logitech Mx Revolution Mouse

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I've been using the MX1000 for the last few years and agree with lynx...the shape, once the initial shock wears off, is very comfortable.
    It's laser recently died so I'm temporarily using an old school MS mouse and my hand almost cramps gripping the way smaller mousebody.

I love the "clickless" and side-to-side scroll as well (MS makes some units that are pretty ergonomically slick in this area as well) and will definitely look for those features when I go shopping (yup...actual shopping- all of the interface devices-keyboards, mice and monitors I want to see/use in person and don't mind paying a bit of a premium for the privilege).

I'm not a gamer so I can't comment on the impact such a design might have on pixellated mayhem.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    its a comfortable mouse, but the contacts get dirty and then it wont recharge unless u clean them

also u cant disable the search button below the wheel, so hitting it while playing a game takes u to the desktop and opens a search window

also the mouse starting freaking out when i plugged a bluetooth dongle right next to the mouse dongle
    Last edited by spirex; 11-04-2007 at 06:34 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I've got the G7, so I agree with the others, the shape takes a little getting used to but now I feel much more comfortable with it than with regular shaped mice.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I've got three Revolutions (two MX and a VX for my lappy) and I love 'em; big enough for my hand, and all the functionality I can use - as Bawa says, the Uber options are the cat's ass.

BTW-

Skizo, the smooth/clicky scrolling feature is selectable.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    an update on this post...

i bought the mouse and played around with it for a day. i immediately saw that it had no middle click capability (which was a HUGE turnoff for me). the scroll wheel on the side also doesnt move as easily as id like it to. you have to put alot of weight on it to move it in either direction, forcing the mouse to move as well.

i returned the mouse the next day. although it is a beautiful looking mouse and highly customizable...it just wasnt for me.

thank u all for ur advice

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Perfect.
    This is how it should always work...OP asks a question, folks chime in with opinions, OP follows through with experience and decision.

Well done.

BTW, what does the second scroll wheel do?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Clocker
    BTW, what does the second scroll wheel do?
    application switch generally but on Vista its 3d Switch by default, you can customize it for other functions as well, i set it as volume increase/decrease while on WMP and application switch on windows. again all this cant be done on normal setpoint you must install uber setpoint to get extra option, normal setpoint has very little basics functions.
    i barely use keyboard, almost all of the browsing functions can be done from the mouse.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Ah, I see.
    Do you find it hard to manipulate, Bawa?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Define manipulation

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Ah, I see.
    Do you find it hard to manipulate, Bawa?
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    Define manipulation
    Excellent response.

The side-wheel can do fuck-all, depending...don't use it much myself, although I think it is plain that it's (substantially) higher resistance is to forestall accidental actuation.

My only practical experience with it, however, is doing neat tricks with the aero inteface in Vista.

I really do have to spend some time with Uber options...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12