Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: oink is gone, BUT his best users are HERE! - CALL TO ARMS

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by CableMan391 View Post
    What do you guys think will happen now to the people running it legal wise. Prison time?
    nothing serious, maybe a fine.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    If you do some digging, so far those groups have been pretty unsuccessful in prosecuting site-admins and owners.

The problem for them, would most likely be in a form of a fine and/or probation (especially for first-time offenders).

People who commit identity theft and actually compromise millions of dollars often get off with no prison time for their first offence!!!!...so chances of someone running a P2P Network going to prison are quite small.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 10-23-2007 at 09:41 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44

Question Mark

would be interesting to see though if my OiNK torrents are still seeding when I get home lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

Something about that link isnt working...
    Last edited by Ruski1982; 10-23-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    mossy123's Avatar {SouLfiRE} BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Well they may make an example of a few users and I sure as hell hope its not any of us dudes. You see the problem is that it aint the guy running the oink site but the users who are responsible of uploading the warez. So that US!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruski1982 View Post
    would be interesting to see though if my OiNK torrents are still seeding when I get home lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

Something about that link isnt working...
    fixed

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Evening geniuses.

People trying to destroy Soulseek now, or talking shite about legal stuff they know nothing about. Wringing their hands about a "private" tracker being compromised, in spite of the fact it was them who compromised it.

You're twats, but at least you give me a laugh.

For my next trick I'm closing all the other "private" trackers you compromised.

If you want me to close your next filesharing system please start a new section about it here.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    i take this decision follow man i need get back our oink ........oink get back

9. BitTorrent   -   #49

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Evening geniuses.

People trying to destroy Soulseek now, or talking shite about legal stuff they know nothing about. Wringing their hands about a "private" tracker being compromised, in spite of the fact it was them who compromised it.

You're twats, but at least you give me a laugh.

For my next trick I'm closing all the other "private" trackers you compromised.

If you want me to close your next filesharing system please start a new section about it here.
    I am not sure why you have to be so negative and judgmental of people who are just offering their opinions on this matter....the fact is, none of us (including yourself) know exactly how any legal proceedings might or might not turn out in this case and are just speaking out of possible past experiences, etc...

so there is no need to bash people for no apparent reason!

you are right however (if i understood you correctly), that the more ppl talk about private trackers, etc. they expose them to possible raids/shutdowns....which is the reality of this scene/community.

However, if we look back 5-10 years and how the P2P community has grown and the successes we have seen from this exact thing: "talking, sharing, communicating!".....if we take all this away, and not introduce new ppl to P2P networks...we will start to turn the whole clock back and go to a WAY more private and not so P2P, type scene!

Would we really all want it to be like before...where only the select few had the knowledge/access to go on the private IRC Networks and 0day/0sec sites???....that was a great way to start and grow, but isnt the point of all this "sharing" and introducing new members?

And lets not forget......they did busts before!!! the BSA going after groups......Razor1911 bust, etc....so its nothing new...we just have a much larger community and much more worldwide...so there will be more busts/attention.

Thats my 3 cents

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CableMan391 View Post
    What do you guys think will happen now to the people running it legal wise. Prison time?
    nothing serious, maybe a fine.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Scene people have ended up doing hard time before. Not a super long sentence, usually like 2-3 years, but still, people have done time before.

The real problem is that even if Oink comes back...will the seeders come back or is it just going to be dead torrents. Rebuilding a library of live torrents like that is going to take forever =(

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast