Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What low level music tracker has the most potential

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    what are your informations based on, that stmusic will allow non scene user uploads?

edit: nm, got it. they are working on a new non scene upload section. good idea!
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-25-2007 at 08:58 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Probability View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    If you actually went to Libble, and checked it out, you'd realize that it's categories, it's upload rules, the type of files it allows, it's site setup - everything - is very similar to OiNK. The difference is - it's smaller, but it can grow.

Also STMusic may get more stuff, but SOME people choose quality over quantity.
    I don't think I've ever kept an album I've downloaded from there and I'm not that hard to please, it just all wound up being really lame stuff.

True all-around music fans want more than just scene shit anyway...
    Most of the best albums in existence will NEVER be available on STMusic.
    They are starting user uploads. Same rules as oink.

They have 60,000 vs 5,000 people. Rules? They can be changed, same as stmusic.

What makes you think libble will even have quality? Both sites have the same upload rules, quality wise.
    I've been a member of Libble for months, and I've quite enjoyed it even before OiNK went down, so yes, I do believe Libble has quality. It's not filled with users uploading every album that ever existed, but filled with users uploading everything they really like and want others to hear. And there's a decent request section if you want something not uploaded already.

If you're into 0-day, of course STMusic is great, but they're such a strong and successful 0-day, I don't know how well this user-uploading/nonscene is gonna work out when they're already pretty established.

I guess, really, when it comes down to it, I feel 0-day sites often have a machine-y feel to them, specifically ones with large userbases. I don't like looking at scene tags. I like seeing users rip/upload their own torrents, add their own description and comments. I like the neatness of nonscene sites and the community feel.

I don't think there could be a best replacement, since there are so many things OiNK provided people with that can't be fulfilled with one tracker or even many trackers.
    And I suppose the arguing is pointless. Just face it, nothing is the next OiNK... Unless they make a comeback.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    im also wondering, where can i get a libble invite

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Tago Mago's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Lot of ex-Oinkers are headed to Funkytorrents.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    ejac's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I am a member on btmusic, stmusic, softmp3, filemp3, trancetraffic, and oink.

For me personally, i like stmusic best (after oink ofcourse). I'm mostly interested in techno and electronic releases.
    I really would like to see stmusic grow towards what oink once was. They allow old releases now, but they put them all together in one section (archived) which kind of sucks. But it has a lot of potential, and a lot of releases come out there (more than on the others im a member of) in the genres i'm most interested in

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    thelevy23's Avatar ISC RULEZ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    softmp3
    "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying"-Michael Jordan-

fsc lover

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    softmp3

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Bigger isn't always better. I'm not always much for speculation as it's a good way to lose your shorts.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    stmusic all the way...look at the changes they did just in the past 2 days...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234