Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aspartame!

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Aspartame sugar substitutes cause worrying symptoms from memory loss to brain tumours. But despite US FDA approval as a 'safe' food additive, aspartame is one of the most dangerous substances ever to be foisted upon an unsuspecting public.

Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods. Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death as recently disclosed in a February 1994 Department of Health and Human Services report.(1) A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include:
    Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, *weight gain*, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.

According to researchers and physicians studying the adverse effects of aspartame, the following chronic illnesses can be triggered or worsened by ingesting of aspartame2)
    Brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, parkinson's disease, alzheimer's, mental retardation, lymphoma, birth defects, fibromyalgia, and diabetes.

ASPARTAME CAN BE FOUND IN:
    - instant breakfasts
    - breath mints
    - cereals
    - sugar-free chewing gum
    - cocoa mixes
    - coffee beverages
    - frozen desserts
    - gelatin desserts
    - juice beverages
    - laxatives
    - multivitamins
    - milk drinks
    - pharmaceuticals and supplements
    - shake mixes
    - soft drinks
    - tabletop sweeteners
    - tea beverages
    - instant teas and coffees
    - topping mixes
    - wine coolers
    - yogurt

dam, i'm gonna double check diet food/drink products next time i goto the store

btw, i dont know why the US Government doesnt ban this, but maybe he has had too much himself lol. I mean, they need to focus some research on somethin safer.

I suggest people who are worried to drink water (the best drink of all), because it flushes toxins and such out of your body.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    .. and if you drink the same water almost every day, check it out. Keep the minerals normal (no extra minerals) and all other values of salts, calcium, magnesium and others should be small, like 5-10mg/l.

or get a krustyburger

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Coca Cola contains materials for fastening metals! all the ingridients are put in latin so that you cant figure out what it really is! Coke is slowly killing you, It's also made of the same plant that cocaine is made up of! those are some of the reasons why I dont drink coke its too dangerous that stuff contains enough acid to burn through metal and not speaking of your insides!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by Assultsniper@14 July 2003 - 08:19
    Coca Cola contains materials for fastening metals! all the ingridients are put in latin so that you cant figure out what it really is! Coke is slowly killing you, It's also made of the same plant that cocaine is made up of! those are some of the reasons why I dont drink coke its too dangerous that stuff contains enough acid to burn through metal and not speaking of your insides! 
    modern coca cola doesn't have any connection to cocaine (hydroxide).
    you really think they could sell an illegal product worldwide?

also, if the acid can burn through metal, how can it be stored in metal cans?
    the acid is actually very weak, normal vinegar (ethanoic acid) is more acidic than the acid found in soft drinks (carbonic acid)

and the aspartame debate is such a babble of sh*te

believe it if you want, but almost everything available is gonna hurt/kill you unless taken in moderation
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@14 July 2003 - 02:25
    normal vinegar (ethanoic acid)
    Hey thanks for expanding my vocabulary noob&#33;

I always thought vinegar was acetic acid - now I know I was slightly mistaken.

btw- you didn&#39;t mention the hydrochloric acid that the stomach produces - it&#39;s stonger still.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by tite-wad@14 July 2003 - 08:34
    Hey thanks for expanding my vocabulary noob&#33;

I always thought vinegar was acetic acid - now I know I was slightly mistaken.

btw- you didn&#39;t mention the hydrochloric acid that the stomach produces - it&#39;s stonger still.
    acetic acid was the old name for vinegar
    ethanoic is the new systematic name

so we&#39;re both right

and yeah, i forgot about hydrocloric acid.

i was kinda annoyed with mr sniper for saying such blindingly obviously fake stuff, so i forgot a little

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+14 July 2003 - 02:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 14 July 2003 - 02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>acetic acid was the old name for vinegar
    ethanoic is the new systematic name

so we&#39;re both right [/b]

Yeah, that&#39;s why I said slightly mistaken.
    • Guess I&#39;m still thinkin old school&#33;

<!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob
    @14 July 2003 - 02:38
    i was kinda annoyed with mr sniper for saying such blindingly obviously fake stuff...[/quote]
    The Coca-Cola stuff probably is mostly bunk, but I know from personal experience that quantities of aspartame can trigger headaches. >_<

8. Lounge   -   #8
    well, i drank 12 cans of diet coke yesterday (it&#39;s really hot here) and i never even got a sniff of a sore head

had to go to the toilet a lot though...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Different compounds can affect different people well... differently&#33;

Kinda like allergies I reckon.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by djflypson@13 July 2003 - 22:30
    .. and if you drink the same water almost every day, check it out.
    Now that&#39;s recycling :x
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast