Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xp Key Generator Help...

Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I just downloaded one of the well-known key generators that is supposed to allow you to produce a "valid" key to unlock any version of windowsXP as well as allow you to use windows update without fear of having the OS lock-up after so long. The one produced by Norway Warez "Hit Amok".

Installation is supposed to be as simple as applying a patch in "safe mode" then running the key generator to produce a valid code. However each time that I apply the program patch and reboot, my system does something freak-ish. It continueously reboots over and over. And it seems that the only way I can recover from this is to reformat and revert back to my factory installation.

I just want to know how I can safely apply the patch so that my system does not do this and still install windowsXP professional with a valid key that I can update from microsoft. I am trying to update from XP home version to professional with out forking over my left nut in purchasing XP pro.

Has anyone had any luck with the patch/key generator I am referring to? And if so, what am I doing wrong? Or is there something simply far better to what I am trying to accomplish?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I wouldn't bother upgrading fom home to pro, it's not worth the effort. I haven't notice any difference since upgrading.
    You should have got Pro Corporate anyway as it does not require activation.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I wouldn't be using any patch. All you need is the key. If it still nags about activation, then use the OOBE timer reg hack and install the appropriate service pack to update it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I was attempting to install build 2600 of XP pro though if corporate does not require a check for validity, I may just try it. Hopefully that version will allow upgrading through windows update.

What exactly is this "OOBE" reg hack?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Service pack SP1_en_x86.exe and the OOBE timer hack will gat you a fully registered install.

http://members.shaw.ca/telfaq/Changing%20t...oduct%20Key.htm

After you apply this, install the SP1 , NOT SP1a service pack and you will get all updates and support.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Hell, you can have my xp pro key.............anybody can. Its unlimted users and it never expires. I take mcse classes at my college and we actually get free o.s. cd's and keys. At first they put a 4 year duration on the keys for any o.s. then the it dept started bitching so now we get free windows o.s. with keys for every version that microsoft ever comes out with.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by shn@14 July 2003 - 02:36
    Hell, you can have my xp pro key.............anybody can.  Its unlimted users and it never expires.  I take mcse classes at my college and we actually get free o.s. cd's and keys.  At first they put a 4 year duration on the keys for any o.s. then the it dept started bitching so now we get free windows o.s. with keys for every version that microsoft ever comes out with.
    If you are serious, sure- I would love to take you up on that.

Windows messenger or e-mail: [email protected] .

Actually, I have been long interested in becoming certified myself. However money always seems to be the obstacle when you try to get things going. Hell- if money wasn't an issue I would have just went out and bought XP pro out-right.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Here is where I really sound like a newbie. So please pardon my ignorance:

I just downloaded the corp version of XP pro. What I ended up with in my shared folder was a single application icon that merely blinked a command screen prompt when I clicked upon it.

What do I do with this file and how exactly do I use it?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Izagaia,

Did my solution not work out for you?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Izagaia@14 July 2003 - 14:24
    Here is where I really sound like a newbie. So please pardon my ignorance:

I just downloaded the corp version of XP pro. What I ended up with in my shared folder was a single application icon that merely blinked a command screen prompt when I clicked upon it.

What do I do with this file and how exactly do I use it?
    run it from the command prompt and see what kind of output it gives you. If you get an error like: this program can not fit into memory, then you got an incomplete or bad file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast