Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OiNK update

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Sit down, and shut the fuck up.

Right -- This stops now.

I'm Paine. I used to be a moderator at OiNK.cd, until, as you know, we were shut down by the BPI and IFPI.

Now, there are far, FAR too many rumours flying around, and I wanted to set some shit straight.

1. There is no official OiNK IRC right now.

No. The Dalnet IRC is by no means "official". In fact, the staff are point blank refusing to use dalnet. The complete lack of both SSL and vhosts/cloaking makes it a very poor choice. I, personally, am currently on irc://fucknet.wtf.la in #oink, however no other staff (at the time of writing) are, although I am in contact with them.

2. OiNK will _NOT_ be up today, or tomorrow.

We're not magic. None of the moderators have access to the current code and databases right now -- in fact, neither does OiNK himself, as his stuff was confiscated (remember the crap you saw in the plastic bags on the news?). People purporting to be TMT and/or OiNK are, to be frank, lying their fucking asses off.

3. There is currently _NO_ "save oink" fund.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT give ANY money to ANY of these fake funds you are seeing. They are scams. OiNK will not see a penny of this money, and neither will you.

4. OiNK himself is safe and well.

He's fine and out on bail.

5. There is no "official" OiNK forum right now.

While there may not be an official forum, a lot of our ex-users are flocking to http://www.ohax.com/phpBB2/ -- Some of the users on there are actually staff. However there are also people maliciously using that site to link to scam sites and other various filth.

Anyway, I hope that's settled a lot of shit. If you're in doubt I'm who I say I am, then don't believe me. I encourage you all to exercise extreme caution when people are floating around throwing names about left right and center saying these things. The "TMT" on Dalnet was not our TMT. In fact, nobody has been in contact with him, and I expect it will remain that way for a very long time.

Edit: A few people have asked me if we logged the IP you snatched things from. The answer is no, we did not log snatch IPs.

Edit 2: This is an important one -- Your passwords do NOT need to be changed, they were stored as salted MD5 hashes. All the authorities have is the hashes. The only way they can get the original passwords is via brute force. The chances of that are slim to none if you followed standard good password practice.
    found @ THC

btw, here is the link if someone finds it annoying to read in quote...or seeks for later updates.

http://tehpaine.blogspot.com
    Last edited by squirr3l; 10-24-2007 at 09:41 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Smart man. I believe him.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Thank you.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Thank God, cya ON Oink in a few days guys

FUCK the
    1. RIAA
    2. BPI
    3. IFPI

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by oinkrevival
    UPDATE: That blog has been deactivated now. Further updates arrive here:removed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paine
    3. There is currently _NO_ "save oink" fund.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT give ANY money to ANY of these fake funds you are seeing. They are scams. OiNK will not see a penny of this money, and neither will you.

Be careful who you trust guys. Best to just sit tight for now i think..
    Last edited by Detale; 10-24-2007 at 10:15 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by oinkrevival View Post

begging for donations ....sounds like one of the scams paine was talking about. Especially since his blog is still up.
    Last edited by Detale; 10-24-2007 at 10:11 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    UPDATE: That blog has been deactivated now. Further updates arrive here: removed/

DO NOT donate to the paypal address & fund set up on this page. It is a scam.
    Last edited by Detale; 10-24-2007 at 10:09 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    UPDATE: That blog has been deactivated now. Further updates arrive here:removed/

cough cough cough cough cough

wth? ur nick is oinkrevival? cough cough cough and u are the one who made theblog...please make sure before u donate their...higher chances of being scam. As the "original" (see first post) said...they are NOT asking for donation.

and why would u say? UPDATE:the blog has been deactivated? the "original" blog is still there.
    Last edited by Detale; 10-24-2007 at 10:10 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i am donating right now via special paypal who bypasses the ban of my country
    Last edited by Detale; 10-24-2007 at 10:10 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    oinkrevival got banned definitely a scammer

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast