Thread: How To Remove Xp From My Hard-disk?

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    I ve got a big problem.I don t know how to reformat complitely my hard disk.I ve got already 2 version of windows xp on it /home edition in french/and /corporate edition in english/.i would like to work only with corporate edition.Help me please .My computer is like hell.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    use F disk delete the paritions and use the comman format c:

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    get a nondistructive partition manager (acronis partion expert, partition expert, etc.). boot up into your corp edition. install it. create the backup disks just in case. just erase the french edition. Now you can either combine the two drives or you can reformat the other one (make sure you back up the data from that drive first) using the partition manager.

or...

boot up into your corp edition. go to start, run. type format x: /q (where x is the drive where the french edition is). done, but now you still have the partitions.

then...

you can use the windows recovery console the replace the boot thingy (i forget how but i remember it was easy yo figure out). This should stop the windows boot loader from coming up when you turn on your computer.

finally...

i hope this doesn't mess up your computer

laters...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Finaly I've done it using the 6 xp boot disks and it worked!
    Anyway thanks a lot guys.