Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why New Movies Are Svcd And Not Divx Releases?

Poster
    I was wondering why new movies are released as SVCD and not DivX? IMO DivX has far superior quality for far smaller sizes. Ok, you can convert a SVCD to DivX, but then the quality will be like the SVCD, so they could realease them as DivX and pepole could convert them to SVCD, so the quality would be like a SVCD encoded from a DVD.
    What you guys think about that?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I would think that it's because it's far less work on our part. Encoding takes up way to much time, especially if you have access to already made .bin/.cue files. Most of the time when people download movies, they have it in mind that they want to burn it to a CD's so that they can watch them on their stand-alone DVD players, so that you and your friends aren't all huddle around your computer like a gay orgy. And as far as I know, the only DVD players that play DivX are extremely expensive.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    please, tell centropy and diamond groups that i have a TV-OUT video card and i will watch my divx/xvid movies with my friends on the sofa, we'll not "huddle around my computer like a gay orgy", i promise!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by ehnoismemu@14 July 2003 - 03:37
    please, tell centropy and diamond groups that i have a TV-OUT video card and i will watch my divx/xvid movies with my friends on the sofa, we'll not "huddle around my computer like a gay orgy", i promise!
    lol! Well, your one out every 30 people with that feature.

Tell centropy? haven't you read the .nfo file that comes with their downloads? They don't exist! lol.

If anyone tells you they are in Centropy, their lying!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Well it is not so much that we do not have video cards with a t.v out, it is that (for me anyways) I do not live in a shack that my study is that close to my living room.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Well it is not so much that we do not have video cards with a t.v out, it is that (for me anyways) I do not live in a shack that my study is that close to my living room.
    Well, it is not so much that I do not have a video card with a t.v out, it is that (for me anyways) I AM NOT A DUMBASS WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO BUILD A LONG VIDEO CABLE TO CONNECT MY COMPUTER TO MY LIVING ROOM TV.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Agree, I can't think of a perfect copy VCD SVCD or mpeg etc but most Divx's are, to me quality counts when watching a movie. There is no point, again my view, in watching a cam or crap quality movie just to see it a couple of weeks earlier

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    have no idea why they do this really. i suppose it makes it easier for people to sell them but then again they seem to be very against that.

I suppose we shall just have to put up with svcd's until dvd players that play avi files are common place then i bet it would change.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    then why are divx compatible dvd players divx so expensive? is divx networks charging too much on them?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    so many people already encode the movies to divx!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast