Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broadband

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@14 July 2003 - 23:02
    You all live in UK and i live in canada with only 2 choices shaw, telus
    ah, now that is an easily solved problem
    but then again, i doubt you want to move sorry.
    <insert signature here>

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I pay US &#036;50 for a 768/128 ADSL connection. For the same price i could get a 1500/128, but the cables in my area can only handle 768. Cable is available in my area for about the same price. My downloads are 99% of the time 90KB/s. My uploads are about 15KB/s. All isp&#39;s have unlimited downloads and uploads where i live.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by vivitron 15+15 July 2003 - 01:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vivitron 15 @ 15 July 2003 - 01:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@14 July 2003 - 23:02
    but then again, i doubt you want to move sorry. [/b][/quote]
    You know i hear this alot. I live in Canada, I use Cogeco cable (thought it would be shit) 42 a month. And what i did not expect a 3mbit connection. Canada has tonnes of good ISP&#39;s. Telus does internet, well i have a telus phone and it sucks so i can imagine there internet. Sympatico is the devil, but rogers is ok.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    3mb thats pretty good.. 375KB/s that averages out too. What i would give for that.. but i should be happy i have a 768 connection.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by mogadishu@15 July 2003 - 05:33
    3mb thats pretty good.. 375KB/s that averages out too. What i would give for that.. but i should be happy i have a 768 connection.
    That is my point i mean I was surprised. It varies a lot, on speedtest i will go from 2 mbit, to an astonishing 5mbit. I do not put alot of weight in speedtest but i mean i see it on my DUmeter, highest ever was around 450kb/s. And i am only paying for normal cable.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    yea my connection never fluctuates
    always have a total download bandwidth of 90KB/s

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by toddiscool+14 July 2003 - 20:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (toddiscool @ 14 July 2003 - 20:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@15 July 2003 - 01:00
    <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan
    @14 July 2003 - 23:02

but then again, i doubt you want to move sorry.
    You know i hear this alot. I live in Canada, I use Cogeco cable (thought it would be shit) 42 a month. And what i did not expect a 3mbit connection. Canada has tonnes of good ISP&#39;s. Telus does internet, well i have a telus phone and it sucks so i can imagine there internet. Sympatico is the devil, but rogers is ok. [/b][/quote]
    Well in edmonton anyways we only have shaw and telus to broadband purposes any others?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Yeah&#33; new aup agreement 50gigs limit for upload/download yay&#33; For SOHO anyways wat&#39;s SOHO?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    many things to write about....

first off...high speed internet in Canada RULES..believe me, ive been there, to a few friends houses, and their speeds are incredible....unfortunately, id never move away from good ole cali, USA....

for the UK, theres a few good ISP&#39;s i hear...

for me, i had MSN DSL for 1 year, and it was a constant speed of 80Kdown/16K up...the actual service provider was SBC......i never got any caps or messages saying i went over any limit....i played ALOT of online gaming and downloaded an average of at least 150 megs a day.....and my line speed was 768/160......

NOW, i have AT&T broadband cable, which is now comcast.....tho the service still shows as attbi when i do a tracert to my comp....and i&#39;m almost the ONLY one in my neighborhood with it, i get about 300K max down and 35-40K up......

anyways, my suggestion goes to ATTBI and SBC for broadband internet...no caps that i know of, and cost &#036;40....

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    and btw keikan...don&#39;t be anti McDonalds...i work there part-time haha.....

hey, its extra money for my books....(college)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast