Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chalkmongoose

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@14 July 2003 - 14:12
    10?
    you can count, right?

also, make the distinction about my sig: stupid is the message
    The word before 10 was about, signifying potential inaccuracy (because I could not be bothered to go and count your ravings).

Many people may agree with your feelings on gun ownership, but the way you attack individuals instead of the issue drives them away, and you end up losing the argument.

I disagree with metrostars over his stance on guns, but (at the proper time) we can have a serious debate about it without getting personal. You should try doing the same.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    dude that's fine with your family not owing a gun... my pops lived with a pistol in his draw for over 20 years according 2 my mother...

U will just have get over the fact that guns r legal in the US and their is nuthing much u can do 2 change that fact...

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by ilw@14 July 2003 - 14:27
    i started a thread on gun ownership in the world news and events section, u can if u want debate it there intelligently
    3rd gen noob I'm not american and it doesn't annoy me but its just a matter of time before a mod asks that sig to be removed or removes it for u, why not just save the agro.
    i'm making a point

some will undoubtedly call it childish, i think it's funny anyway

however, there is true sentiment behind it too
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by MetroStars@14 July 2003 - 14:27
    dude that&#39;s fine with your family not owing a gun... my pops lived with a pistol in his draw for over 20 years according 2 my mother...

U will just have get over the fact that guns r legal in the US and their is nuthing much u can do 2 change that fact...
    i do not wish to even think about changing gun laws in america
    i have neither the power nor the will to do such a thing

also, just because something is legal, should you feel pressure to do it?

owning shotguns is legal in the uk, however, i know of no-one who owns a shotgun

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+14 July 2003 - 14:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 14 July 2003 - 14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skillian@14 July 2003 - 14:25
    I think that&#39;s the answer...
    why should it be censored though?
    for what reason? [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think it should. Personally I don&#39;t think anyone&#39;s posts or signatures should be censored.

But if your&#39;s should be left alone, then surely chalkmongoose&#39;s should too? If anything, it&#39;s less likely to cause offence than yours.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by Skillian+14 July 2003 - 14:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skillian @ 14 July 2003 - 14:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@14 July 2003 - 14:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-Skillian
    @14 July 2003 - 14:25
    I think that&#39;s the answer...

why should it be censored though?
    for what reason?
    I don&#39;t think it should. Personally I don&#39;t think anyone&#39;s posts or signatures should be censored.

But if your&#39;s should be left alone, then surely chalkmongoose&#39;s should too? If anything, it&#39;s less likely to cause offence than yours. [/b][/quote]
    precisely

his is not going to be changed, so if mine is, it&#39;s rather unjust

7. Lounge   -   #27
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    Sorry 3rd gen noob, but I have to tell you that I do not find Chalkmongoose&#39;s sig to be at all offensive. Your&#39;s on the other hand does offend me.

It is yours, and not so offensive that it is obnoxious, so keep it or lose it whatever. That&#39;s up to you.

The bit about Charles Heston makes one think for a second, then maybe longer. The bit about I Hate... just begs to be ignored.

Just my 2 cents, Cheers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123