Thread: Zipping A File Then Making It .exe To Share

I have over 2900 Mame game roms in a file ( file size 3.6gig ) that i want to make available to kazaa users.I have tried to compress the file and then turn it into an .exe file that i can then make available.I had no problems turning the emulator program into an .exe file and it is now in my shared folder as software.But i cannot seem to do the same with the roms file.Is there a size limit?I am using winzip 8.0.Any advice as i'd like to share these roms.I get an error message at the end of the process - internal error 13.Also after putting about a dozen roms in a file then trying them they turned into an .exe file with no problem.Is it the file size?Is there another way?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    it is the filesize use winRAR instead of winzip

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Winzip has a limit of 2GB on exes - actually its windows that has the limit... just put them inside a rar using Winrar (www.rarlab.com) and share that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    use seperate parts and call em.. Mameroms 1 of 2, Mameroms 2 of 2

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I am currently using Winrar to do the job,but if i wanted to split the file in 2 then is there a program i can use to do it?i dont want to drag and drop 1500 files into each new folder

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    WinRAR can do it.. just change your Archive settings to split the archive into 2 parts. (set the size to like 1.5gb so it will do that)