Thread: New Motherboard

Poster
    im wondering where i can get some nice prices on a new mother board. i dont want something really expensive but soemthing with about 400 MHz FSB 3 PCI's 1 AGP x8 i have a 2.4 Ghz P4 and i want it to support 2 to 4 DIMM 512 DDR. im basically looking for one that will slide right back into my computer. the reason i need a new oen is cuz the one i have right now doesn't have a AGP slot and i want a more powerful Video Card. here is the product info page on the mother board i have now

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtm...13&cat=prodinfo

so if someone could give me soe info and my chioces that i have it would be alot of help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Is there a removable plate around the back panel connectors (usually made of very thin stainless steel).

The reason I ask is because the layout is non-standard, so standard motherboards will not fit unless you can replace this plate.

Otherwise you will probably have to start cutting the case with a hacksaw, not a good idea.

If you can remove that plate, there are plenty of boards which should drop straight in, though you may have difficulty finding a panel to cover the connector area. But since most of the area is filled with connectors, it isn't too much of a problem (mine has been like that for 2 years now).

Come back for more advice if you can remove that panel.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    yes it can be removed. i asume u mean the covering of the back of the case. it also has holes for where the fan pushes the air and at the bottom is has the port holes for the PCI card connectors to face out. i have checked and in fact u can take that off.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If ur just looking for online shops and places to compare prices then theres a pinned topic about good places to buy stuff.