Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Want The Best Ever Pc

My friend wants him to build him the best PC ever and he says money is no object. He wants the fastest processor. A motherboard that supports the largest amount of ram. He wants the best graphics card there is. He wants the fastest CD writer and the fastest DVD writer. He wants the largest monitor, he has asked me about a plasma screen. He wants wireless keyboard and optical mouse. The best soundcard and speakers. The largest harddrive with fast access time and he wants more than one. He wants it to be watercooled. I was just thinkin what are the best products for all these items above.

Any comments guys. I was thinkin of gettin him some industrial parts for his machine like a processor. Any ideas you can think of to make this the best pc ever?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I could help you select some stuff for home pc's, like the new barton chips etc, but the industrial i cant

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by leonarmston@14 July 2003 - 18:21
    My friend wants him to build him the best PC ever and he says money is no object. He wants the fastest processor. A motherboard that supports the largest amount of ram. He wants the best graphics card there is. He wants the fastest CD writer and the fastest DVD writer. He wants the largest monitor, he has asked me about a plasma screen. He wants wireless keyboard and optical mouse. The best soundcard and speakers. The largest harddrive with fast access time and he wants more than one. He wants it to be watercooled. I was just thinkin what are the best products for all these items above.

Any comments guys. I was thinkin of gettin him some industrial parts for his machine like a processor. Any ideas you can think of to make this the best pc ever?
    look at the workstations on offer form Sun Microsystems, SGI, HP etc, 16GB+ RAM etc isn't that un-usual
    You won't be able to windows on them tho...

if your wanting fast disks - you'll need to be looking at 15K Ultra 320 SCSI disks, a Terratec Sound card (the Terratec DMX 6Fire 24/96 Sound System including Break out Box) is good, for wireless keyboard/mouse - the logitech combo is the best out there, speakers - you can't go wrong by connecting the PC to a seperates Hi-Fi amp (Marantz, AudioLab, etc) and speakers (Mission, KEF, and many more)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Find out what video card This fool says he is using and get one of those.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Out of The Ordinary
    If You buy the "best pc today" there will be a much better/faster pc out tomorrow.

BOT

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    The God Box
    Total Price: $10078.35 + S&H (6/4/2003), w/o OS

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by toddiscool@14 July 2003 - 11:43
    Find out what video card This fool says he is using and get one of those.
    BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA ::cough cough cough:: ::catches breath:: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA ow ow ow owwee my side starting to hurt from laughing at that jackass so much. HAHAHAHAHA

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Twist3r
    get a 42 inch plasma moniter from gateway its 3000 just for the damn screen

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Twist3r
    LOL yea..... and i have a 1 gig video card

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    somehow for 10grand i think i'd want more from a computer, tho the mobo does sound like the :-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast