Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd [public apology & hatard note]

I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I wouldnt worry too much about it.

In my opinion, You did nothing wrong, Simply used the resources they gave you. The fact they allowed people to openly give them out in the IRC to any old random person makes this worse because at least here, We have backlogs of previous posts to check through about a person as well as their standing in the community.

Its not so bad though, They are only screwing themselves in the long run.

The more people they piss off, The more likely they are to fall because the hate they create towards the tracker will backfire one day and then the owner will hopefully be saying hello to bubba while picking up the soap on a rope and stuff

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by thejosher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    I think he was not banned because of invited,it was becasue of he invited 25 users it short time and he asked for more i forum..and for some users there in forum it was strange and reported him to the staff.
    I invited 25 users in a short period of time on their IRC after asking for a ratio proof (as did tons of other users)

I'm not sure how this is any different.. does is matter if they do the ratio/email exchange via PM here or via msg on their IRC?

It's also not like they are super-secret or anything.. they even have an invite bot!

That makes no sense?
    i agree with u,but only different from u was that he open new topic asking more invite,he could just pm some of the staff and ask for more,but not open new topic abouth that.after oink is down people are been paranoid abouth that he invited so many people in short time,and for someone the main reasone why is oink down because of invite system..

@redcorvette agree

@squirr3l a also hopeing that u will find that who reported u there if he is from this forum. ahh i cant get there in invite section yet..tell as later what is going on there.

and if your ip is not banned than u still can get there.
    Last edited by fOrUmAs; 10-29-2007 at 03:59 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    better to recognize this authoritarian streak of stupidity now and avoid them, rather than be stuck with them later.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by redcorvette View Post
    lmao and j0hnd0e is also watching this thread
    yes him

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/j0hnd0e-178534

Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post

@squirr3l a also hopeing that u will find that who reported u there if he is from this forum. ahh i cant get there in invite section yet..tell as later what is going on there.

and if your ip is not banned than u still can get there.
    check above link for the user.

btw, by inviting 25 users within 1 hrs i didn't break any rules but by sneaking in i would.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 10-29-2007 at 04:06 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Perhaps the ban-happy style has something to do with an admin being 14 years old? No joke.

Hmm, nvm?

∼ Give a hearty goodbye to our admin ∼ posted on Oct-29-07 by What

Noah, one of our admins, has decided to leave what.cd for privacy reasons. We couldn't have made this site without him, and running it is going to be a hell of a lot harder now that he's gone.

We are working on getting a replacement admin in here, but it isn't going to be easy. For the time being, just bear with us and try not to hammer us with feature requests.

We wish you the best of luck Noah, wherever you are.
    Last edited by iMartin; 10-29-2007 at 04:05 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    As much as I vehemently disagree with the way you have been treated, I also have to point out that asking for more invites having given out just 25 in less than an hour for a single tracker was also foolhardy.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by iMartin View Post
    Perhaps the ban-happy style has something to do with an admin being 14 years old? No joke.

Hmm, nvm?

∼ Give a hearty goodbye to our admin ∼ posted on Oct-29-07 by What

Noah, one of our admins, has decided to leave what.cd for privacy reasons. We couldn't have made this site without him, and running it is going to be a hell of a lot harder now that he's gone.

We are working on getting a replacement admin in here, but it isn't going to be easy. For the time being, just bear with us and try not to hammer us with feature requests.

We wish you the best of luck Noah, wherever you are.
    there is already topic abouth goodbye to Noah, if he was the kid then what abouth other staff there( kindergarten)

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    As much as I vehemently disagree with the way you have been treated, I also have to point out that asking for more invites having given out just 25 in less than an hour for a single tracker was also foolhardy.
    i agree i am dumb. but no second chance? they could have taken away my invite privileges or banned me at most...y ban whole invite tree? that creates a bad will for me in here...i already have ~ 5 pm's of people i invited about disabled accout...only one of them have actually forgiven so far

P.S. i am off to sleep. Good Night or Day!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    so sorry for u, maybe they should be strict but not from the beginning.

Left out

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    McLovin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I was one who got disabled.

I don't find myself rejoining after that bullshit.. they basically disabled you for giving out invites. why even have invites if they're going to do that?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast