Thread: Requesting Star Wars Movies!

I'm looking for the ORIGINAL editions of:

Star Wars 4: A New Hope
    Star Wars 5: The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars 6: Return of the Jedi

...(Not episodes 1 & 2)

These were re-released in 1997 as special editions, and that's all I can seem to find. Anyone have the originals?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    where did u find the special editions, i need them badly and im also looking for the originals like u.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Special Editions I found on just a search in Kazaalite.

But I also noticed them in this thread:

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...=0&#entry378973

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    2MOK's Avatar Member
    I will check my DVDs. I think Empire is the original version on one of the sets that I have. If so I'll post here. I also have some old Kenner Star Wars commercials that I might put up if you guys think it would be cool. Out here we're still getting Earth transmissions from the 70's.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    can u post those commercials here plz!!!!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I will check my DVDs. I think Empire is the original version on one of the sets that I have. If so I'll post here. I also have some old Kenner Star Wars commercials that I might put up if you guys think it would be cool. Out here we're still getting Earth transmissions from the 70's.
    I'm pretty sure they never released the originals on DVD, unless you mean burned DVDs or VCDs/whatever. I would also love to see those commercials though.

I found one (ROTJ) on kazaalite, but--during the Jabaa's Palace thing, his lightsaber was BLUE. Where it is GREEN now.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    man the quality on those vhs rips are bad and i dont think there was a official release of the dvd but there is a one in dvdoriginal.com

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    2MOK's Avatar Member
    The DVDs that have been released are actually bootleg and are rips from the officially licensed laserdisc versions of the films. I have 3 different versions of the trilogy on DVD, at least 6 or 7 versions on VHS that I don't even touch anymore plus 4 VHS box sets.

I am having trouble ripping some of the DVDs though. The sound is off by half way through the movie on the converted avi. I'll poke around the forums on my own but anyone out there with any directions they can point me in will speed up my progress.

Also I'll get those Kenner commercials up shortly, I just have to find the tape. It'll be worth the wait to see the cheesyness again... "WAMPA WAMPA!!!!" and the lame background music. Great fun though.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    2MOK's Avatar Member
    I finally got to my DVD for Empire and it is the original version. Here's the link. Also still have Prince Of Darkness for anyone who wants it.