Thread: Ip Address

is it alright to have ur Ip address to be different than ur default gateway. im using a dsl modem so is there anyway i can change it so they are the same so i wont have the low id problem w/ emule. plz help.

btw, just so u know those ip address in the pic are not real. i modify mine so it is in a similar form but not mine.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    erm sorry cant figure out why you would want to do that.

I would read the f.a.q on the emule forum that says you need to forward ports.

that is what you want to do. have alook through your router manual on how to do this.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@15 July 2003 - 01:51
    is it alright to have ur Ip address to be different than ur default gateway. im using a dsl modem so is there anyway i can change it so they are the same so i wont have the low id problem w/ emule. plz help.

btw, just so u know those ip address in the pic are not real. i modify mine so it is in a similar form but not mine.
    Either your pc IS your gateway, in which case the addresses will be the same, or it isn't in which case they will be different.

You can't just set your default gateway to anything you like - if it isn't your gateway you don't get onto the internet, it's as simple as that (or it will get changed to the correct address when you connect up your dsl).
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    it didnt come w/ a manuel. i tried to forward the port but i still have a low id.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    it didnt come w/ a manuel. i tried to forward the port but i still have a low id.