Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should 56k Users Share "exclusive Copy" Movies?

Poster
    so a 56k user finally got that rare DVD from his friend and encoded it to divx, svcd, or whatever. it's a 700 mb file and nobody else has exactly that file, 'cause he himself encoded it with his customized settings, etc, etc, etc.
    is it worth to share that file, i mean, if somebody tries to download it, that will take something like 50 ~ 60 hours -- actually, nobody will download it. so, for very rare files, is the sharing network made of only broadband users?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    r u talkinng bout urself juss say so!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    lol!
    nope, unfortunately i'm not talking about myself, cause i don't even have a dvd-rom on my computer.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    well for sure, kazaa isnt made for 56kers trying to download a single file from one person because the supernodes change so much. If you want to transfer using a p2p client, try soulseek. Its mostyl for music but you can transfer anything you want directly. If the 56ker is already going to be online.. someone would wait 60 hrs for the dl. I have 768 adsl and i wait 5 days sometimes for a rare movie. I even have one movie.. dog soldiers.. thats been on my traffic for well over a month. Its downloaded 500mb so far.. and its almost done. waiting is worth it.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by mogadishu@15 July 2003 - 04:55
    I even have one movie.. dog soldiers.. thats been on my traffic for well over a month.
    That&#39;s exactly why I stopped downloading movies from K-lite. Every Verified takes like 6 days to download. I have a 3mbit cap and know that I can download things so much faster. Now I use mIRC... I can download a 1.6gb file that includes both CD bin/cues in 45 minutes. (Well excluding the 2 hours of waiting in a queue line, but still my wait has been minimzed to 3 hours instead of a week.)

EDIT: okay 45 minutes is an exaggeration, but seriously it&#39;s never takes more then an hour and 10 minutes for the complete file. normally at right at 300kbs.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    what kind of connection do you have that you can download 1.6gb in 45 min? thats 590 KB/s. Unless you are on a t3 that is impossible... and if you dont use kazaa for movies, then what do you use it for? Music - soulseek is 10 times better.. and i guess sofware is ok.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Yep, music and software.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by mogadishu@15 July 2003 - 04:55
    I even have one movie.. dog soldiers.. thats been on my traffic for well over a month. Its downloaded 500mb so far.. and its almost done. waiting is worth it.
    hehe i downloaded off kazaa in less then 10hours. i have 640k so it shoulda been 4 hour but compare to u thats nothin. and i can never get mirc to resume my partially downloaded file. it always says " requestion resume" and then "connection fail"

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    uhhh @mogadishu , damnatory said it wasnt really 45 minutes , but more like one hour and 10 minutes. He mentioned that he uses IRC to download movies now.

@Damnator
    thats why i miss my cable connection. I used to download stuff there at around 250 k/bs usually. So many albums...RETAIL albums.... Iso-s , Divx , ugh.... Games.... soooooo freakin much to download there. Hopefully i&#39;ll get my cable connection hooked up real soon.... i wanna get that Badboys 2 ....of course , when it comes out...but i just wanna download it , burn it , put it in dvd player , and bam , sit on my couch and eat some popcorn hehehe....

ohhh , mmmm if the file is rare then yes share it , but send it to someone with a fast connection first , that way that person can now share that file @ good speeds

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    mmmm if the file is rare then yes share it , but send it to someone with a fast connection first , that way that person can now share that file @ good speeds&nbsp;
    Yea I agree, otherwise there isnīt much point if people wont get it anyway...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast