Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your seedbox kills my ratio

BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    GOOD SKIZO. It makes me THAT much happier knowing my 4 (soon to be 10) boxes are getting u banned on E**** and whatnot. Jk, I still luv ya (not rly)

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post
    I aint readin all that
    So why quote "all that"?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    The key is quantity not quality (upload speed). I have a terabyte of content I seed at SCT and I keep my upload connection maxed all the time. I dedicate most my bandwidth there so that I can always grab whatever I want.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    GOOD SKIZO. It makes me THAT much happier knowing my 4 (soon to be 10) boxes are getting u banned on E**** and whatnot. Jk, I still luv ya (not rly)
    Why would I be banned on e****?

I have a nice ratio there, thank you very much... all due to few seedboxes I'm sure.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    It's tough going for the little man these days.

Sorry to go off topic, but just how short are you then?

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    Why would I be banned on e****?

I have a nice ratio there, thank you very much... all due to few seedboxes I'm sure.
    yea no one has a seedbox there hence sucky speeds

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    davidw89's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    you dont need a seedbox..
    people do it to show off, buffer etc, but whats the point if you cant hit and run with like 2 TB buffer
    i'd rather just download what you need and upload it back, even if that means leaving your shitty residential speed on for a month..and even longer for a decent ratio.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Good point Skizo, in my opinion trackers should press members to keep an all around ratio around 1 - 1.5, in order to avoid all these huge buffers and teens with seedboxes stepping fast on every torrent uploaded, regardless if they need the torrent or not.

These huge buffers and extreme ratios are really bothering me too.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Sure, some overdo it and I have been guilty a couple times of that. But having the extra upload credit encourages me to download old torrents that have fewer seeders, and definitely no leechers. This is especially true of dvds, bigger torrents that is.

I follow the rules on every site when I can't upload back to 1.0, and I do more than the 36, 72, or longer hour seeding commitment. But every so often you find a torrent that was upped ages ago and you suddenly want it.
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucktoof View Post
    Sure, some overdo it and I have been guilty a couple times of that. But having the extra upload credit encourages me to download old torrents that have fewer seeders, and definitely no leechers. This is especially true of dvds, bigger torrents that is.

I follow the rules on every site when I can't upload back to 1.0, and I do more than the 36, 72, or longer hour seeding commitment. But every so often you find a torrent that was upped ages ago and you suddenly want it.
    That's why i like sites having karma/bonus for seeding and for other site activities. I guess, all sites adopting them are successful and hope more sites will do it in the future. I don't think, one who buys a seedbox watch or use all those junk he downloads when his internet connection is not more than 1 or 2 mbps.

But we all have to go with it. I have to buffer my accounts most times to dl old stuff or those torrents i can't catch up having leechers with big fat pipes. I just survive due to my seeding techniques, never had a seedbox for myself but will think about getting one if people continue buffering their accounts in the same way.

IMO, the best site to be on for someone like me is FTN or my fav bonus sites.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast