Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Your seedbox kills my ratio

rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by davidw89 View Post
    you dont need a seedbox..
    people do it to show off, buffer etc, but whats the point if you cant hit and run with like 2 TB buffer
    Having a seedbox is not just for showing off at all.
    When I upload a torrent somewhere, I seed it at 20mb/s+ for a total of 6-700% to get it started. I could seed from home, but at <50KB/s, people would be pissed. My seedbox can saturate 2.5 UK broadband connection downloads at least, my home upload can do 1/20th of a home connection.

Another good reason for seedboxes is that you'll never catch me whining about how my ISP blocks torrents etc, no matter what policies they introduce. All those hundreds of thousands of comcast users using torrents might as well be H&R, because comcast cuts off the seeding. With a seedbox, that problem goes away.
    Would you rather get your torrent from 500 comcast users or just 5 seedboxes?

All those times you see a single uploader with a home connection doing 25KB/s to 50 peers, things improve massively if a seedbox is introduced.
    Seedboxes can suck down all the data that's already in the swarm very quickly, and redistribute it to everyone else.

Finally, a 2TB buffer can be used up.
    Those with seedboxes and high buffers can afford to download all those torrents that haven't a hope in hell of being seeded back. I'm not afraid to download 3 month old 50GB torrents when I have 500+GB to spare.
    That ratio helps the people who need it most, those who arrived late on a torrent and have not been able to seed it back.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    hehehe 4 that reason skizo i will rent 2 more seedboxs
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Why would I be banned on e****?

I have a nice ratio there, thank you very much... all due to few seedboxes I'm sure.
    yea no one has a seedbox there hence sucky speeds
    I'll take "sucky" speeds any day on a music tracker over fast speeds and not being able to seed.

A couple hundred MB at e**** doesn't take long to download at 60kbps or so, and it's relatively easy to seed back. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davidw89 View Post
    you dont need a seedbox..
    people do it to show off, buffer etc, but whats the point if you cant hit and run with like 2 TB buffer
    Having a seedbox is not just for showing off at all.
    When I upload a torrent somewhere, I seed it at 20mb/s+ for a total of 6-700% to get it started. I could seed from home, but at <50KB/s, people would be pissed. My seedbox can saturate 2.5 UK broadband connection downloads at least, my home upload can do 1/20th of a home connection.

Another good reason for seedboxes is that you'll never catch me whining about how my ISP blocks torrents etc, no matter what policies they introduce. All those hundreds of thousands of comcast users using torrents might as well be H&R, because comcast cuts off the seeding. With a seedbox, that problem goes away.
    Would you rather get your torrent from 500 comcast users or just 5 seedboxes?

All those times you see a single uploader with a home connection doing 25KB/s to 50 peers, things improve massively if a seedbox is introduced.
    Seedboxes can suck down all the data that's already in the swarm very quickly, and redistribute it to everyone else.

Finally, a 2TB buffer can be used up.
    Those with seedboxes and high buffers can afford to download all those torrents that haven't a hope in hell of being seeded back. I'm not afraid to download 3 month old 50GB torrents when I have 500+GB to spare.
    That ratio helps the people who need it most, those who arrived late on a torrent and have not been able to seed it back.
    Hey, I'm all for seed boxes and great speeds but fss, get off the torrent after you've given back 3:1 and let all the other new seeders have a shot at getting a 1:1.
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-31-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Fly'sEyes BT Rep: +5
    Can't be bothered reading the pages in this thread but those who want big buffers have small dicks... or a sucky internet connection speed

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Makes you wonder about the whole future of private torrent trackers ... The more seedboxes there are at high-levelers, the more the people will be getting one for themselves.

At some point, a 10 000 member level 5 may be all seeboxes competing for every new torrent out and may put the entire site in question.

It's great to have lightning speeds, but I'd always go for two days of 10 GB download and an easy seed than maxing out at my downstream limit.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    this thread is just the rantings of a mad man. no one is actually going to listen and stop seeding so much.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by furip2k View Post
    this thread is just the rantings of a mad man. no one is actually going to listen and stop seeding so much.
    Great point.

Well represented.

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    You are right in as much as nobody will listen or stop seeding so much The way torrents are designed is a numbers game which you are encouraged to play. Users play the numbers game to get bigger numbers so..........let them have fun...
    Now go away.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    dashboardy's Avatar teh sex0r BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    You are right in as much as nobody will listen or stop seeding so much The way torrents are designed is a numbers game which you are encouraged to play. Users play the numbers game to get bigger numbers so..........let them have fun...
    nicely put. I personally would be sad if the seedboxes stopped at 3:1. Particularly on 0-day trackers, it's really not that hard to keep ratio as long as you build your ratio with new stuff. I still wanna be able to leech old stuff fast. Let the seedboxes seed!

If we limited the seedboxes like that, we would have a neutered torrent site. In no way is it showing off... how many lays are you gonna get by having a huge e-penis?

Just be responsible with what you leech!
    Last edited by dashboardy; 10-31-2007 at 02:40 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    nihility's Avatar Im not the c0ps loll BT Rep: +3
    people with seedboxes generally dont keep seeding from them once a torent gets old.
    ive been seeding some torents for about 3 months and because im one of the few seeders left, i upload alot on them and i can easily keep my ratio/get a pretty decent buffer on home connection
    seedboxes are good because it enables you to get the new files really fast

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast