Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Your seedbox kills my ratio

Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Skizo, You do make a valid point.

But one should also consider the benefits of having a box in the swarm.
    It greatly increases the download speed for everyone that downloads it.
    And speed does matter, well it does for me. If i cant hit 1MB down on a new movie or an episode i want to watch ill get a bit disappointed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i agree with skizo on this.... seedboxes have their uses and place but, com'on already peoples... i never actually notice this issue much untill i saw this thread. but it makes perfect sense to me now.. i have witnessed the same scenarios with me uploading torrents recently and before i knew it, there were 3-4 seeds and i get nothing after the first completion of it... i personally think all trackers should limit seedbox activity.. some already ban them outright from their sites... some need notice of seedbox use or they deem you cheater and ban you..... i think some type of control like is neccessary, what the heck is someone gonna do with a 1-2-3 TB account anyways besides brag and or trade it..??
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Ex Usenet Member BT Rep: +1
    Skizo, can u insight us about Pedro's revenge ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    this topic has a better povs than the other one

For Serving Community

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I have to be careful with what i say here, as i am a tracker owner.

So i am just going to give you an example with my own home connection. (I do have a SB which is mainly used as a backup tracker, and ive used it once, it just felt to easy to me to get a good ratio and i didnt like it lol, i uploaded 60 gig on a crappy PS3 game in 2 days, and i just forgot all about it to get that)

Now for my example.

I have an asymetric ISP.

1800KBs or 20 meg download
    90KBs or a crappy 756k upload (and i get capped to 25KBs for 5 hours a day if i upload none stop)

Now take a 7 gig brand new hot off the press hyped up 360 game.

I can download it in 30 minutes with my connection. but in 30 minutes of it being upped there is already 300 seeders and 800 leechers.

Now when i am uploading i may well get bullied out of it with all the SB users and just the other seeders.

In a day i may have uploaded 2 gig if im lucky, but now the problem is

Seeders are 1000+ leechers are 100

so its even harder to upload.

so it may take me a week if there are still leechers to reach the upload (or it might take me forever if leechers totally drop off) and thats just to get a 1 ratio.

this is the reason (well one of) for the SP mod, as long as i am seeding, and showing willing, i can get a 1:1 ratio, after i get the 1:1 i can still stay on it and hopefully increase that ratio further with a few stragglers that are left behind.

but without SB users, we would get download of 30KBs on every torrent, but then if everyone done that, it would be a lot easier to get a good ratio, so its a catch 22 situation, and nothing will solve it.
    Last edited by stoi; 04-15-2008 at 04:56 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    when i see Upload speeds like 25mb/s i`m going crazy with my Home connection , it`s hard to seed when there are so many seedboxes .. i`m totaly against them !

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    when i see Upload speeds like 25mb/s i`m going crazy with my Home connection , it`s hard to seed when there are so many seedboxes .. i`m totaly against them !
    i never saw such speed

For Serving Community

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    i never saw such speed
    some days ago i saw a signature of a user at TL , showing his utorrent stats , and one of his torrents was at 31 MB/s , @ScT

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    this is the reason (well one of) for the SP mod, as long as i am seeding, and showing willing, i can get a 1:1 ratio, after i get the 1:1 i can still stay on it and hopefully increase that ratio further with a few stragglers that are left behind.
    Never appreciated the genius of the system until I saw it first hand.
    Simple ideas are usually the best aren't they.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    F3n1x's Avatar 0x34a BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Ok we need servers for speed, but SP mod is the best because if a user really try get a 1:1 ratio client on etc.. but is impossible he is a good user. Is one more for torrent don't die.

No ratio sites ftw or some with bonus points.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast