Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Bout The System

GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    do u live with a system in ur life
    i mean u have tp do every thing in it time and that all shit
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

2. Lounge   -   #2
    snowultra's Avatar Member
    like a schedule ---its that what your saying?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ask the wife.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    DooMeD68's Avatar Domain Of Sutekh
    some people probably have the ADRIAN MONK syndrome i suppose !

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    fight the future

6. Lounge   -   #6
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    We all live in systems. It's a fundamental and unavoidable fact.

Unless one can become completely self-reliant -- and I mean complete -- than we will always be dependent upon other systems to meet our needs.

Consider the basics: Food, Clothing, Shelter. How do you obtain these? Unless you harvest your own seeds, dig your own well and harvest your own garden you will have to rely upon outside systems to keep you fed; and these systems will set prices, location of stores and quantity/quality of produce. Your diet is at the mercy of the food industry!

Shelter, well unless you decide to squat somewhere, you'll have to pay rent, utilities, etc... well I won't belabour the point.

So, yup, we're surrounded by pressures of conformity whether we like it or not.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    ^ What she said.
    Now go away.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    We all live in systems. It's a fundamental and unavoidable fact.

Unless one can become completely self-reliant -- and I mean complete -- than we will always be dependent upon other systems to meet our needs.

Consider the basics: Food, Clothing, Shelter. How do you obtain these? Unless you harvest your own seeds, dig your own well and harvest your own garden you will have to rely upon outside systems to keep you fed; and these systems will set prices, location of stores and quantity/quality of produce. Your diet is at the mercy of the food industry!

Shelter, well unless you decide to squat somewhere, you'll have to pay rent, utilities, etc... well I won't belabour the point.

So, yup, we're surrounded by pressures of conformity whether we like it or not.
    ..and I always thought that wise Canadians were a conflict in terms...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Can't resist a bragging moment!!!

A little bit about my country:

In 2004, a study by Statistics Canada found that 59.1% of Canadians aged 25 to 54 had a post-secondary certificate or university degree, 8.0% had taken some post-secondary education, 20.1% were high school graduates, and 12.9% had less than a high school education.

And in terms of our overall Standard of Living, I pulled this off the net:

Canada's Rank in UN Index

Index of Living Conditions

The United Nations ranked Canada sixth on its Human Development Index for 2006. The country's standard of living, health care system, educational attainment, housing, cultural and recreational facilities, level of public safety and tourist opportunities are all of an exceptionally high quality. Rank Country
    1 Norway
    2 Iceland
    3 Australia
    4 Ireland
    5 Sweden
    6 Canada
    7 Japan
    8 United States
    9 Switzerland
    10 Netherlands
    11 Finland
    12 Luxembourg
    13 Belgium
    14 Austria
    15 Denmark
    What do they say about myth vs reality

OK, I'm off my soap box now!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    In 2004, a study by Statistics Canada found that 59.1% of Canadians aged 25 to 54 had a post-secondary certificate or university degree, 8.0% had taken some post-secondary education, 20.1% were high school graduates, and 12.9% had less than a high school education.
    The most impressive thing about those statistics is that they add up to 100.1%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast