Thread: Cpu Running A Bit Hot

Poster
    Hello my first time visiting this forum. I have a athlon 2100xp it running 47c 116f which is very cool right now that i checked it but ive seen it scream up to 60c 140f. I had cleaned my puter out of dust which seem to be the major problem. is there airfilters for pc. This thing was only 5 months old and the insides were caked with dust. DO i need a new fan i only have 1 extra fan pumping out.
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Ahh ive been reading page after page for a while now...seen others wit the same problem i guess my temp really isnt that bad... But i still have another? if u get that cpu cooling kit ( watercooled) do u still need fans? I mean can u close of ur system from dust and jus have it water cooled?
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Lmao sorry i got another ? i read that u can run a agp 8x in a 4x slot but only getting 4x preformance....... ok what if u get the same video card but for a pci slot u still get the 8x proformance>?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    if u watercool then your case is sealed off but hte heat exchanger for the water cooler stilll needs to have air blown across it so u'll eventually get a build up of dust there. however the heat exchanger will probably be significantly easier to clean than the fiddly bits inside your comp.

Only certain AGP 8x cards are built so that they can be used in a 4x slot and yes they will only run at 4x. U can't fit an AGP card into a PCI slot at all and the reverse is also true, they are completely incompatible slots.