Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uninstalling Xp

im starting to hate window xp so i was wondering how to uninstall it and go back to win 2000. i dont want to have 2 operating system on the same maching so any help would great. thank you.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    do u still have 2000. or is xp ypur only os, did u upgrade from another os? u probably will have to format, even if u dont its the best option.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    no i started w/ xp on this comp and i want to degrade to win2000.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@15 July 2003 - 01:09
    no i started w/ xp on this comp and i want to degrade to win2000.
    Can't be done.

You will need to remove and re-install from scratch.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    so how do i remove it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    format your hardrive, u will lose everything on the hard drive

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Put your windows 2000 disk in the cd drive and restart ur computer, hopefully u should get some message about starting setup (i'm not familiar with 2000 installation). At some point in the set up u should get the option to format ur hard disk. U will lose all data on the hard drive that u have not backed up!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    @livy the hardrive came w/ the comp has winxp install so if i format it i wills till have xp, i will just lose all my movies and game.

@ilw if i do that will it delete the window xp as well cuz like i said above xp came preinstall.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    FST Retiree
    you could partition you drive and then move all of your movies to a new partition. then when you go to reinstall, just format the c:\ drive and install win2000. all of your movies and what not will be on the other partition and will not be affected by the format.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    exactly!
    Someone should mention that no drivers will be included for 2000. things that worked in xp won't work in 2000 without all new drivers. do a hardware inventory first and get all the drivers for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast