A&E pulls Dog the Bounty Hunter after racist attack
November 1, 2007

The TV show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" has been cancelled after Duane Dog Chapman was caught making racist slurs to his son's girlfriend.

LOS ANGELES (UPI) -- Production was halted on the U.S. cable show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" after The National Enquirer reported Duane Dog Chapman made racist slurs on tape.

Chapman reportedly has apologized and expressed concern he would be "put in the same category as" shock jock Don Imus, who lost his syndicated radio show after on-air racist remarks.

Listen here to Chapman's rant (Warning: Contains offensive language.)

The Enquirer reported Wednesday it obtained tapes of two telephone conversations in which Chapman, who gained fame on the A&E reality show, unleashes a tirade of racist insults and repeatedly uses the N-word.

A&E issued a statement announcing production on the show has been suspended, TMZ.com reported.

"When the inquiry is concluded we will take appropriate action," the statement said.

The reported racist comments were directed at Monique Shinnery, who is black. She is the girlfriend of Chapman's son, Tucker.

Chapman's pastor, Tim Storey, told TMZ he spoke Wednesday with Chapman and the celebrity cried for 30 minutes, saying: "I'm shocked, I'm wrong I repent. Can you believe, Tim, that I'm going to be put in the same category as Imus."

Storey, who is black, said Chapman is not a racist.

"He's been to black churches with me to help inner-city kids," he said.

Source: alaskareport.com