Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSL on newsgroups

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead^ View Post
    heh - thats defanitly alot unless you are limited in your contract with your isp you should of told them to buzz off - you pay for a specific speed connection and you have the right to use max bandwidth all the time - you payed for it didn't you ?
    It's hard to say F-you when Comcast, AT&T, etc. are the only providers in your area. Take it from me

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by start View Post
    heh - thats defanitly alot unless you are limited in your contract with your isp you should of told them to buzz off - you pay for a specific speed connection and you have the right to use max bandwidth all the time - you payed for it didn't you ?
    It's hard to say F-you when Comcast, AT&T, etc. are the only providers in your area. Take it from me
    not only that but im a lil paranoid. i dont want the internetz police after me.
    Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    (....God also used OINK..)

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    but when you think about it - Even if you use an SSL connection - the Data is Encrypted at the Usenet provider's end and decoded at yours - so hypetheticlly , if some "internet police" cracks down on the Usenet Provider they would still probably get info about what Files where encrypted and maybe logged ips directing them to you - which means you're not totally out the woods correct me if im wrong ..........
    ohh the paranoia ..........

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    but when you think about it - Even if you use an SSL connection - the Data is Encrypted at the Usenet provider's end and decoded at yours - so hypetheticlly , if some "internet police" cracks down on the Usenet Provider they would still probably get info about what Files where encrypted and maybe logged ips directing them to you - which means you're not totally out the woods correct me if im wrong ..........
    great!! now u just fucked up newsgroups for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    (....God also used OINK..)

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    As long as you don't upload anything they won't "care".... It has always been like that whatever you have used, and I don't think it's going to change any time soon.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    don't think it's going to change any time soon.
    yeah , i see your point.
    i still see newsgroups the least known filesharing "problem".

id say that the ssl feature still hasn't proven its pros against normal usage ( if some1 really wanted to find you/know what you take down/up from ng's they would even with ssl) - just added abit more hassels along the way for the police and peace of mind for the user.
    Last edited by Smeghead^; 11-05-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12