Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: For the love of god. Stop making new mp3 sites!

Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    couldnt disagree with the OP anymore. what do u think all this hydra talk has been about?
    having lots of smaller sites is MUCH better than having 1 large site. less chance of having a repeat of what happened with oink. if there was 4 or 5 smaller sites, and 1 of them was closed, it wouldnt be such a big deal. but the torrent community had all its music eggs in 1 pink basket, and the closure of oink has hit everyone hard.
    Grate post.
    It does actually make a lot of sense.
    I actually have to agree with you there.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    u really have a very good point but te problem that they dont give a fuck
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ddha View Post
    What do you mean by new OiNK? I think a lot of people are kidding themselves if they think ANY new tracker is going to be 200k+ members anymore. If you mean the same style of music, community, and upload requirements then you already have 2 very good replacements. Otherwise there will be no new OiNK. Why can't people understand this? The time of OiNK has passed move on. Use it as a standard to build new communities, but you have to realize it's gone and will never be back. The reason why new sites keep popping up is the 175k+ members that WERE on OiNK now are homeless. What and Waffles both are going to have smaller userbases. Therefore by the sheer absurdity of 1st grade math you need more sites to have a place for the rest of the OiNKers to go. Each site will have a different style, community, and approach. You are just going to have to find the one that works for you. Home many sites came and went before TL found the right combination? If you happen to be happy with a new site that you found then stfu and let the rest of the people find the one they like. As much as I don't like STMusic theres plenty of people who very happy with it. You don't see me going around complaining about it. How many 0-day trackers show up and then die? Why don't you go complain about those for awhile.

Bo0ddha every nices reply thats true in my option
    my option we need more music sites
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 11-03-2007 at 03:27 AM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    The one thing im sure of, is that all the wannabe oink trackers are only destroying the one thing everyone wants.. which is a new Oink.

So you end up with a dozen different sites with 5k members. instead of 1 with 100k.
    It won't be like that forever. Give it a few months to shake out. ONE of these new sites is gonna emerge as the most popular, but there will still be room for the others. VIPmusic & Indietorrents did fine, even when Oink was around.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234