Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vcd Vs. Svcd

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    SVCDs are ripped so that they will fit on a 700mb disk, regardless of filesize. This has nothing to do with bitrate, but simple format compression. A 700mb disk will hold 80 minutes of video. When you burn that mpg, it will fit. I use VCDEasy and just burn it as SVCD. Keep in mind that SVCD players are pretty rare. Many standalone DVD players will play VCD. SVCD is much more rare.
    Proud member of MDS

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Originally posted by Jibbler@15 July 2003 - 20:23
    SVCDs are ripped so that they will fit on a 700mb disk, regardless of filesize. This has nothing to do with bitrate, but simple format compression. A 700mb disk will hold 80 minutes of video. When you burn that mpg, it will fit. I use VCDEasy and just burn it as SVCD. Keep in mind that SVCD players are pretty rare. Many standalone DVD players will play VCD. SVCD is much more rare.
    you cannot fit 80 minutes of SVCD video onto a 700mb cd

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    File:28.Days.Later.DVDRIP.SVCD.CD1.mpg
    Length:763772060 Bytes,745871KB
    UUHash:=+3girik8bI+R3jlbBnN3cEx45TE=

that file is an mpg, not bin, is it still prossible to put it on a cd-r?

If you turn the quality way down yes, it will still need to be reencoded.
    This has Been said a hundred time but let me say it again. (S)VCD is not about file size, it is about bitrate that it is encoded with. I put 28 days later on threee CD's at perfect quality. For more info on how to edit and work with vcd files please see the link in my sig.
    is your 28 days later the same one im downloading, i cant preview the one im downloading on avi preview.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    chimp2k2:you cannot fit 80 minutes of SVCD video onto a 700mb cd

I can fit 2 hours on a 700 mb disk

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    is your 28 days later the same one im downloading, i cant preview the one im downloading on avi preview.
    I am not usre to tell you the truth, but i think not because i prefer to encode my own and sometimes reencoding alreaddy encoded files can be a pain. I would sugest this one. ooops i deleted allreaddy, didn;t mean to do that. Anyway it was a Divx dvd rip i beleive. (great)

as for
    What the f*** are you talking about, and 80 min AUDIO cd is going to fit 80 mins of audio and video. That is what makes learning this stuff so damn hard, people who really do not know what they are talkin about telling n00bs (not calling ruffryda a noob) some wrong bullshit. How kuch will fit is decied the by the size of the video (486X486 or whatever) and the bitrate that it is encoded with.

Please ruff follow the link in my sig if your a real new about this, if you kinda know what you are doing look on dvdrhelp.com. And if you have question about how much will fit on a svcd go to a bitrate calculator like this one

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Originally posted by Gre1@15 July 2003 - 20:56
    chimp2k2:you cannot fit 80 minutes of SVCD video onto a 700mb cd

I can fit 2 hours on a 700 mb disk

there you have it to fit 2 hours you would have to encode at 689kbps.

I can draw better than that.
    n00b

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Uh my bitrate is never that low from 1150 up to 2500

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Uh my bitrate is never that low from 1150 up to 2500 go and download daredevil from torrentse.cx and u will see the quality

Edit: My bad on double post getting 404 error which causes need for refresh cause I'm uploading stuff

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Ok Pal.
    It is mathmatical - you cannot fit 2 hours of 2500 bitrate encoded movie onto one disk. It is not possible. Mathmatically.
    It is a matter of logic - either you are lying - or you are an idiot.
    Are you burning it on DVD disks, then you could but not on a 700mb cd-r.

Look at the picture, or put your file into an encoder and select fi to 80min cd. it is gonna be shit quality or be wayyyy to big.

If you wanna think that you are that much better at this then anyone else go aheas.

Can you watch these magicall movies on a dvd player. Your are probably burning them as data not SVCD.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Thanks Bro, I really appreciate the help.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast