Thread: Need For Speed ProStreet, anyone?

Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Has anyone tried the demo yet? After the previous rather disappointing releases (Carbon, mostly) I have been a bit wary about buying a game of this series again. So this demo has given me a good preview of ProStreet which seems to have little in common with its predecessors.

Compared to what we've been used to, the handling is better even in this demo and driving is more fun. The graphics look cool even in low and medium details and allow surprisingly high frame rates. There are some things I will be missing of course, take the free drive modus for example - but in exchange for better races and an enthralling gameplay I'd gladly take the deal.

I think I'll enjoy waiting for some release around Nov 14th to get a better idea if this preview is an accurate indication of the game.

2. Games   -   #2
    CrAcK's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I've played the demo yet...And : Yeah I liked it...The Graphic is Brilliant...

3. Games   -   #3
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Worst...

All my expectations are shattered..

Stupid Sim like Handling..Character Modelling is weak besides..Smoke looks bad..!!

Its like Midtown Madness was Sepia.. Carbon was Blue and this one is normal..
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

4. Games   -   #4
    its awesome

5. Games   -   #5
    titofat's Avatar The Dark BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    waiting full edition its great game

6. Games   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    It's crap.
    Has handling like in Burnout, etc. Arcade games.

I also wish they kept the old Underground style (dark street tracks).

7. Games   -   #7
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I cant wait to try it on my psp

8. Games   -   #8
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post
    I cant wait to try it on my psp
    Me too.

I played the demo on my Xbox 360 and it was ok but nothing special. The graphics looked pretty good and the damage is awesome. I might not buy it now; it's too arcadey for my taste (PGR4 is my limit).

Although Most Wanted is an arcade styled game too, I had a lot of enjoyment with it.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 11-06-2007 at 02:22 AM.

9. Games   -   #9
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    It's crap.
    Has handling like in Burnout, etc. Arcade games.

I also wish they kept the old Underground style (dark street tracks).
    I thought i was alone who hated that game..

Graphics arent as good...

Well Most wanted was pretty good...They should make it like that..!!

for me its..

Most wanted > Porsche Unleashed > NFSU2 > NFSU > Carbon > Pro Street DEMO...
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I'm actually rather surprised about the split opinions on this game and this thread is not the only place I've noticed that. Maybe that's the only possible way though, to alienate old fans by going a (desperately needed) new way.