View Poll Results: What does this make you think about them?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • That's some gay shit

65 34.03%
  • Those greedy bastards

41 21.47%
  • Option 1 & 2

102 53.40%
  • That's a good idea on their part (I'm lame)

21 10.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Torrentleech now makes you donate to register

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

rockfang, do you as a torrentleech mod confirm that tl is closed for regular users, but you can pay money to get a membership?
    Normal signups are closed. The invite system is TEMPORARILY disabled. Currently, the only way to become a new member is to become a vip which costs 25 Euros.
    wow! glad i am already there

i hate "pay to join" thingy but if that's the only option i hope in near future cost will be lowered to ~ 0-10 euro in invite only condition...like how they have in ScT.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    wow this is lame crap.
    Last edited by neleven; 11-04-2007 at 11:12 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    What surprises me most is that this news actually surprises people. This isnt the first time they've only let people join by paying. They were doing this a couple of years ago. TL has always been about making money. Why do you think they have ads on top of their thousands of vip members. Even Kingrob openly admits the sysops make money from the site.

As for making them a target for the authorites...

1) The owners are from Greece and feel pretty safe as their country is apparently pretty lax about copyright laws

2) The authorities are already there. Go search the TL forums and other boards. You will see that a fair few of their users have been sent cease and desist letters.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    yep its all abouth money and TL is doing what they know the best money money and money,well im suprise because they get a lot of money anyway for they donors and now this,i could understand if they need for some upgrades or something,but dont think so...

but i just hope its temporarily..

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm sure temporary = until the burst of people who where willing to pay for invites in the first place dies off.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    lol.. torrentleech is a shitty tracker anyway, i wouldn't pay 25 euros to join.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfang View Post

Normal signups are closed. The invite system is TEMPORARILY disabled. Currently, the only way to become a new member is to become a vip which costs 25 Euros.
    wow! glad i am already there

i hate "pay to join" thingy but if that's the only option i hope in near future cost will be lowered to ~ 0-10 euro in invite only condition...like how they have in ScT.
    u never get invite for 10 euro in sct , 10 euro is for 10 GB upload credit only .Minimum donation for an invite is 20 euro

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    GhostRetired19's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    good idea

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Adebisi's Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADELA View Post
    TL is one step away from being shut down with this move.
    Good point, especially for such a large and well known tracker. Surely the owner has thought of this too, though.
    it's karma..

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    GhostRetired19's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    A TorrentLeech VIP membership gives you no Wait Times, Slot Limitations, or Ratio Requirements. Furthermore, you get special IRC privileges and automatic entry to a monthly VIP iPod/iPone/Game Console draw.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast