Thread: Norton Antivirus 2003 Or Corporate?

chalkmongoose
    The benefits of the kazaa community, I picked up copies of NAV 2002 and 2003, and also NAV Corporate 6.7 (I Think?, Latest version).
    I know corporate works nicely (My pop uses it on his office computer), but is it more than I need?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    i have no clue...i have NAV 2003 Professional and Norton Firewall and they work great...no problems, updates work, i havent gotten hacked yet....but i also have a hardware firewall too, so i doubt anyone could break both of them...as long as you keep it up to date, it should be enough...

also, try Norton Systemworks....it has plenty of tools to help maximize he performance of ur PC....tho if u know what ur doing, all of these things can be accomplished manually instead of using Systemworks to do it for you...so i really see no point in it....systemworks is for n00bs lol, or at least non-computer people....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by metalrebelzz@16 July 2003 - 02:55
    i have no clue...i have NAV 2003 Professional and Norton Firewall and they work great...no problems, updates work, i havent gotten hacked yet....but i also have a hardware firewall too, so i doubt anyone could break both of them...as long as you keep it up to date, it should be enough...
    The BASIC differences is in the GUI. Corporate has a nice, trimmed down GUI and none too many features. 2003 is a bit more excessive.
    I guess perhaps I should rephrase. SHOULD I use 2003, or is it better to use Corporate?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    The latest Corporate should be 8.1.*** something. Corporate doesn't protect your outlook express from viruses as well, it's made for outlook and lotus specifically. It will catch anything in a realtime scan though so you'd still likely be OK.
    It does run a lot faster and lighter than the standard or Pro versions though.
    So, Corporate for fast, light weight filesharing, or ,
    standard or pro for heavy duty protection.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    chalkmongoose
    Thanks. I'll stick with pro, it seems to be more of what I know.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Get the newest version of corporate, 8.xxxx.

Just as good, uses less resources, and with corporate your subscription with LiveUpdate is forever (2003 gives you a year of updates).

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@16 July 2003 - 04:26

Just as good, uses less resources, and with corporate your subscription with LiveUpdate is forever (2003 gives you a year of updates).
    Alright I will
    Thanks!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@16 July 2003 - 05:26

Agreed,i use the latest corporate and i prefer it to Norton 2003.Quicker to load and does a good job.