Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what can you do when invite a cheater or scammer

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    No spark , if someone you invite does not use the a/c and it is disabled for inactivity , it does not affect you. I have invited people to trackers that they simply weren't interested in, I even invited someone to OiNK and they did not like the tracker, but I have also invited a cheater to one site. The only advice I have to give is to know your invitees long enough to be sure that they will like & use the tracker , and also be as sure as you can that they are not a cheater.
    Contact staff immediately if you have any concerns, why should you let someone else jeopardise your a/c's ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    the situation is a bit tricky.

if you tell staff that he might cheat, they can not disable him. they could only pay attention on the user.

on the other hand if you inform staff and he cheats, it's still you who invited him in the first place.

so staff could say: it's nice of you to announce the cheating, but you are responsible for your invites and have to deal with the consequences.

so in my oppinion the best thing you could do is talk to the user himself and see what's going on.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    n00b
    if you tell staff that he might cheat, they can not disable him. they could only pay attention on the user.
    THEY can do whatever they want, it all depends on whether they feel you are trustworthy or not. I'd 100% contact staff at every tracker I am a member of.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    ur kinda fucked. i dont invite anyone i dont really no...or atleast someone that i have seen around the forums....i needed a what.cd invite....and some guy asked me about a level 9 or 10 invite to a forum im a member of.... I laughed...! i dont even know enough about what.cd to even give up a level 9 or level 10.....but more importantly, this guy was a member here for about a month and only posted in invites section requesting more and more invites...you think i would let someone into level 9 or level 10 that i dont know...there are serious consequences and repurcussions for inviting cheaters....personally...if you dont do at least a basic search of the person...its your fault and you should pay....

plus, its best not to trade anyway....a friend is gonna give me what.cd....generally. ..if your a good person...it shows.....people respond to that....of your not a good person....well u dont deserve it anyways!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12