Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is nationalism dead ?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jetje View Post
    It is time that in football something similar is done as in the US sports, a salary cap!
    That way it will be more honost, and all clubs will have to do something to educate their own young players. The big stars will play!
    I was wondering when someone would step up and say...

SALARY CAP

I never liked the fact that baseball doesn't have it.

Some teams are in bigger markets than others and will have the ability for a bigger draw from the get-go.

A salary cap evens that shit out.

One reason the New York Yankee baseball team has had all those championships is because they have had the biggest market.

In the NBA we have had a huge influx of foreign players. This is mainly due to basketball being the fastest growing sport in the world (more foreigners are playing it).

We don't have a problem with that.

As far as the USA Basketball team, I only have a problem because our best players don't play every time the Olympics and World Championships come around.

The fact is also, foreign players have got better becuase of the growth of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    man why cant you understand me, if these players whom you're talking about(best in shape) are not found in 1st place how they can play for any party?

most of these(best in shape) players are found by their local clubs then Shifted to higher levels. your thinking of the current situation where there are available resources not the future, soon if they dont make attention there will be no players to select from for national team. thats why they say Golden Age in football, once you have some good players whom bring country WorldCups or atleast play in a way that you appreciate it but then that age soon will pass by if there is no continues effort to upgrade or keep the level. when was last when England football won anything?

why do you think Argentina and most of the Latin American players are most bought/played players in European Leagues, because their own clubs are in continues effort in producing new talents on regular bases by hiring them so in result they dont run out of the stock, they produce world best football players by letting their own players to play and they show up, you can say its financial thing and they cant afford foreign players, so be it its working.
    as i said Messi and Jovani cases are 1 in the 1000's, they were scouted but not every body gets chance to get scouted in result they will dry out if local club dont show some interest in them.

Then again would we have the best league if we capped the amount of foreign players in our teams?
    almost every known football faces are playing in different league then England's, are they called "world's greatest league".
    am sure what "LeftOver" foreign players in England can do Brats them self can do if they get founded.
    Why can't you understand....

Professional teams are supposed to get the best players to win. It is not their job to shop by region.

I'd understand if there was some outsourcing problem that crippled you countries employment rate similar to what have (to a lesser extent) in America.

However, you are merely talking about sport and basically....bragging rights. If your country's infrastructure was totally based on employement of local soccer players then your country has more serious problems.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-12-2007 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Feel better now people?
    not only now you dont get to win anything you dont get to enter the competition in the 1st place, what would be next; losing to India?
    am telling you if emergency steps are not taken soon within a decade the inventor of Football will have to retire from the international role and maybe start American Football rugby

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123