Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So I've been thinking...

beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    Ok Skizo, sorted.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Defy View Post
    Didn't Grind$oFine create a thread awhile back about the rarity and levels FOR actual invites? I can't find it anywhere.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...m-style-241103
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    amirji's Avatar One HiTTa QuiTa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    The WIAW thread is way out of whack.

If the topic is "What Invites Are Worth", then sites which have invites disabled for all users should be ranked "10", correct?

Black-cats, E****, Pisexy and several others have disabled invites indefinitely, so why should I not move their ranking to "10"?

Discuss.
    TorrentLeech. They have disabled invites atm, and it seems for a while.

I think I asked about the same question a while back.
    "F*** the B**** A** Haters"

"You Know Who You Are, Punks"

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    civeta's Avatar Creep BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I believe you should simply move the sites that closed their invites up in the ranks little by little. They may open up their invites/registrations again so moving them straight up to level 10 would be absurd. Unless you know the plans of the trackers, you should assume for now that this invite closure is only short-term. Of course this may not be true, which is why time will tell how far they move up in the ranks.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I think its all about what people want-content wise and want to know which site is more secure(private) if thats what people are concerned with? I dont trade or have any elite sites so i cant vouch for them but i do believe the thread is correct to my knowing. I cant find invites on certain tracks, others are easy.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    The WIAW thread is way out of whack.

If the topic is "What Invites Are Worth", then sites which have invites disabled for all users should be ranked "10", correct?

Black-cats, E****, Pisexy and several others have disabled invites indefinitely, so why should I not move their ranking to "10"?

Discuss.
    Even though the topic says, "What Invites Are Worth", the content has been based on rarity of invite+ account. And, thus as many FST users refer the WIAW thread has turned to be "traders bible" . So, in traditional way, no, blackcats or any other tracker which have invite disabled would not go lvl 10. Because, still there are plenty of account for trade. However, once invites are disabled i do think the tracker should have something next to them denoting that the invites are currently disabled.

On the other hand, if we were to follow word for word and focus only on Invites i think invite disabled tracker should be excluded from levels. Say, there could be "Currently Invites Disabled" and next to the tracker name we still can give their previous level...which i think will make more sense.

---

Also, i think there should be a requirement to get into WIAW thread. Say, a tracker must have xxxx # of users and/or yyyy # of torrents. Otherwise, people can create their own tracker, close signup + disable invites, and then possibly make a review by themself, wait till it gets to lvl 10, and then trade accounts themself. I know any tracker won't get into lvl 10 that easy but just an example.

P.S. just read the first post so sry if decision has already been made.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 11-06-2007 at 09:32 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    civeta's Avatar Creep BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I don't think the "Currently Invites Disabled" category should be implied, but it's a start. It might be smart to put that kind of special label on it, but not a whole section dedicated to that. I think a lot of people look at the WIAW list as a bible, as squirr3l said, and if there is no rank to the tracker they may find it worthless.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Defy View Post
    Didn't Grind$oFine create a thread awhile back about the rarity and levels FOR actual invites? I can't find it anywhere.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...m-style-241103
    I don't understand why this discussion was brought up...

I made a WIAW based on just invite systems... putting the closed sites at level 10, explaining they should be there for the exact reason you just said...

BCG invites are harder to get than FTN invites technically.
    There's a huge discussion about this all there.
    Including, a bunch of people disagree with my system,
    and people asking to sticky the thread.
    And YOU skizo saying no... with no explanation.

I don't mind that its not stickied, but why disapprove of it and then bring it up again here?

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Grind, i think he didn't like having two different WIAW...it would be quite a bit confusing if you ask...coz two different people would moderate it, plus different people would participate in two different and thus WIAW and lvl's would not be consistent. But,perhaps now he is thinking about making some changes in the original WIAW...which is good thing
    Last edited by squirr3l; 11-06-2007 at 11:52 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    Grind, i think he just wants to change the existing WIAW.
    +1, Even i want to see some modifictions in the existing WIAW

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast